Are you excited about Windows 11?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Are you excited about Windows 11?

2. [​IMG]

OptionsOptionsOptions likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

OptionsOptionsOptions likes this.
  4. tango29

tango29

Excited? Anything new in IT comes with new problems, but at least Gates isn't there controlling the product end result.

5. Terrified, more like it.

Looks like hardware needs to be close to new to run W11. The current top of the line Dell single socket workstation I bought 2 years ago is not on the list of acceptable CPUs. Upgrade would cost a few hundred $$$.

6. AR15

AR15

Windows 11 requires a 1 GHz or faster CPU with 2 or more CPU cores on a 64-bit processor; 4GB of RAM; a 64GB or larger storage device; system firmware that supports UEFI and secure boot; Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0; DirectX 12 compatible graphics; a display greater than 9-inches with a resolution of at least 720p ...

This is what it says it requires. Maybe you’re mistaken but any relevant CPU would handle this with ease

7. I read that and mine meet that requirement, but the list of CPUs Microsoft specified does not include my current nor former CPU. In the Xeon line, the list specified "W-2223 or better", and doesn't list the Xeon E5 in any configuration. (I guess I'll just have to continue to enjoy W10.) :)

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

I have not even moved onto Windows 10 yet, and now there's an 11. :(

terzioglu and KCalhoun like this.
  9. Last windows I used was Windows 7.

GAT

tom2 and El Trado like this.
  10. Vtechno

Vtechno

#10     Jun 27, 2021