Are you better off than you were 4 years ago? Even democrats admit the disaster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 4, 2012.

1. wow dickhead. i havent heard that one since high school. is that still popular among you kids?

#51     Sep 4, 2012
  2. Yannis

Yannis

Pure liberal BS as usual. There were various causes piling up from the time of Clinton through W's time, but the floodgates were opened in 2007. Even if their predecessors (all the way back from 1992) were at fault, that's the last chance for Congress to step on the fiscal brake and they (Dems in control) didn't do it, they just flooded the market with money and blamed Bush... And they still do it because they know that their base doesn't know much, they just want what's promised to them for their vote, that's all.

#52     Sep 4, 2012
  3. lol so do you have any proof that anything I said was half true?
    Or should i take this lame ass response as basically, "NO I have nothing."

#53     Sep 4, 2012
  4. so in your limited mind all the home loans that went bad were made in the first couple of months of 2007?

#54     Sep 4, 2012
  5. It's a bit of a stretch to try and pin the whole collapse on repubs when the bill that really opened the gates was passed with such enthusiasm from both parties. Like Global Warming, your theories only work with limited data taken from a specific point in time.
    The final version of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act passed the House by a vote of 362-57 and the Senate by a vote of 90-8.
    BTW, I think Phil Gramm deserves a date with a rope and a tree.

#55     Sep 4, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

The escalation and explosion of the new mortgage derivatives started around that time, but damaging info about them was available by the middle of 2007 and Congress refused to act. Barney Frank and his cohorts were giving speeched in the summer of 2007 that all (eg, Freedie Mack and Fanny May) was fine. Later that summer and into the fall 2007 Barney admitted that "these organizations are a bit shaken and may not be prime candidates for investment now, but they are fundamentally sound." A few months after that they both collapsed, taking lots of other things with them.

The building up to that point was presided over by both parties and many other countries, eg, Germany, but the failure to contain the damage when there was still lots of time left was the Dems alone. Bush had pushed home ownership as an ideal, and they now were anxious to take that issue back, nothing would stop them. This was the time when Sharpton and his thugs were terrorizing bankers at their homes, demading cheap loans for everybody and no income verification.

#56     Sep 4, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Of course you have, you're called a dickhead right here on ET almost daily.
    And for good reason.

#57     Sep 4, 2012
  8. Obama reminds me of the Black Knight.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QH39nI8ZerQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#58     Sep 4, 2012
  9. The guy is closing in on Brass territory. He starts threads just to argue...I've never seen a thread that he started that doesn't de-rail into the same bullshit we've seen on this one.

#59     Sep 4, 2012
  10. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

This whole thing about Obama ending the Iraq war is laughable. He wanted to stay there longer. Look it up.

Dems love to blame bush, but then take credit for Bin Laden. Hilarious. Pick and choose you scumbags.

#60     Sep 4, 2012