Are you better off than you were 4 years ago? Even democrats admit the disaster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 4, 2012.

1. you aint too bright are you? the seeds of the real estate crash that happened in 2007 were sown several years before that by republican policies of deregulation and lax regulatory enforcement. still in your mind it was the dems who caused it all within months of their taking control?
    the cra as the cause of the real estate crash has pretty much been debunked as the cause of the crash among anybody with a brain.

#41     Sep 4, 2012
  2. well every one of them has been used by fox as talking points but anybody else with a brain knows they were less than half truths.

#42     Sep 4, 2012
  3. geeze you guys. sometimes i feel like a teacher with 20 year old fifth graders.
    bill clinton signed the bill but he did not lead it. he was reluctant to sign it.
    the repeal of glass steagall bill was called the "Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act". it was a republican bill.

Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas), Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa), and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R, Virginia), the co-sponsors of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

#43     Sep 4, 2012
  4. Oh and look at this: http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/the-auto-bailout-and-the-rule-of-law. (you might want to read the whole thing because it bashes Bush as well). They really FUCKED OVER the debtors at Chrysler. The secured debt holders received less on the dollar than the unsecured UAW pension funds.. obama is really a PIECE OF SHIT. Breaking laws for his boys like a crooked fucking gangster.

#44     Sep 4, 2012
  5. WTF is "half true" about FULL CONTROL OF CONGRESS? Or that debt holders did NOT get treated as they should by rule of law in the auto bailouts? Or that he passed obamacare during the 2nd largest recession ever.. with out a single Rep vote? Or that he passed the stimulus?

Anyone with a brain knows these are either true or they aren't.. in this case they ARE. saying they are less than half true makes you look stupid. These are established facts, i don't know where your heads at, but it certainly isn't in reality. i would love to see you live up to your handle at least once.

#45     Sep 4, 2012
  6. the say people that use a lot of profanity in their writing do it because they are unable to express themselves in any other way because of a small mind.
    what size hat do you wear?

#46     Sep 4, 2012
  7. Bill Clinton in his own words.
    http://fdr-lincolnlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/bill-clinton-on-glass-steagall-i-was.html

The final version of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act passed the House by a vote of 362-57 and the Senate by a vote of 90-8. This made the bill "veto proof", meaning that if Clinton had decided to veto, the bill would have been passed anyways. Having said that, if Clinton truly didn't want the bill to become law, he could have vetoed the bill in a symbolic gesture, but this did not happen.

Many people point to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act as a major reason why the financial sector imploded in 2008.

When it comes to pointing fingers, both parties get the blame. The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was co-sponsored by three Republicans, signed into law by a Democratic president and had the overwhelming support of both parties when it was eventually passed.

#47     Sep 4, 2012
  8. I happen to use profanity to stress my point, especially when it is obvious, but whoever I'm addressing can't seem to acknowledge it. Now instead of changing the subject why don't you don't you just concede to the facts or prove me wrong?

#48     Sep 4, 2012
  9. exactly my point.

#49     Sep 4, 2012
  10. It is intentional dickhead. Now do you have any argument here or are you just gonna stick with "half true" and continue to look ridiculous?

#50     Sep 4, 2012