Are you better off than you were 4 years ago? Even democrats admit the disaster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nope, unless maybe you're a food stamp recipient.

And a sinking ship takes on water faster than a ship that is already sunk. So what was your point again?

and should be now

And how many have been prosecuted for the last meltdown?

THIS is an "accomplishment"? LOL

They're too busy blaming Bush and attacking a successful businessman candidate.

#21     Sep 4, 2012
  2. If only the wealthy like Romney could pay an even smaller percentage of taxes the country would boom and become prosperous again. The strength of our country is judged by the wealth of it's elite and how small a percentage of taxes they have to pay. Go Romney, 3% tax on the wealthy and 30% tax on the middle class, it's the only way USA can prosper and grow. TRICKLE DOWN MAN, TRICKLE DOWN!!!!

#22     Sep 4, 2012
  3. Obama has given himself an Incomplete on his economic performance. Two things Mr. President. One, you don't get to grade yourself, we do. Two, when I was in school an incomplete was pretty much the same as an F.

With 63 days to go to the election, President Obama says he still deserves an "incomplete" - rather than a letter grade - when asked to rate his performance on fixing the economy.
    "You know, I would say incomplete," Obama said in an interview with Boulder, Colo., TV station KKTV.

#23     Sep 4, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Odumbo hopes "incomplete" will translate into "needs another term to complete" with his sheeple.

#24     Sep 4, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Trickle down prosperity or trickle up poverty. Not much of a choice for the voters is it?

#25     Sep 4, 2012
  6. More evidence of a complete failure on the economic front.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Manufacturing shrank at its sharpest clip in more than three years in August, the third month of contraction in a row, and firms hired the fewest workers since late 2009, a survey on Tuesday showed.

The Institute for Supply Management said its index of national factory activity fell to 49.6 in August from 49.8 in July.

The reading fell shy of the 50.0 median estimate in a Reuters poll of economists. A reading below 50 indicates contraction in the sector.

The index's employment component fell to 51.6, the lowest since November 2009, from 52.0 in July.

New orders, a forward-looking sub-index, fell to 47.1 in August, the worst showing since April of 2009. It stood at 48 in July.

The exports index ticked up to 47 last month from 46.5 in July but remained in contraction territory as recession in parts of Europe and slower growth in Asia sapped demand for U.S. goods.

#26     Sep 4, 2012
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Well, well.

Based on new estimates derived from the monthly Current Population Survey (CPS) conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, real median annual household income, while recovering somewhat
    during late 2011 and the first half of 2012, has fallen by 4.8 percent since the “economic recovery” began in June 2009. The overall decline since June 2009 was larger than the 2.6
    percent decline that occurred during the officially defined recession lasting from December 2007 to June 2009. Adding this post-recession decline to the 2.6-percent drop that occurred during the recession leaves median household income 7.2 percent below the December 2007 level. After adjusting for changes in consumer prices, median annual household income declined during the recession, from $54,916 in December 2007 to $53,508 in June 2009. During the “economic recovery,” real median annual household income continued to decline, standing at $50,964 in June 2012. (Income amounts in this report are before-tax money income and are presented in terms of June 2012 constant dollars).

http://www.sentierresearch.com/pres...eholdIncomeChange_June09toJune12_08_23_12.pdf

#27     Sep 4, 2012
  8. well sure. the republicans for 4 years have put up every roadblock they could think of to make sure obama had nothing to make him look good. that the country has suffered during that time because of their tactics does not matter to them.

#28     Sep 4, 2012
  9. So it's the old, my dog ate the homework excuse. Leaders persuade. They improvise and overcome. He had his chance and blew it. In all honesty I don't expect much from Romney, but I know what Obama is, an empty suit. All show, no substance. I'll roll the dice with Romney. Moving my money from the do to the don't. Probably a crap out either way.

#29     Sep 4, 2012
  10. It took 8 years plus to break it, and you want someone fix that in half the time?

Really?

#30     Sep 4, 2012