Are you an a**hole?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Lazy/sloppy grammar or spelling is a**hole behavior imho. It usually makes things harder to read, and is therefore inconsiderate toward the reader(s). If you're texting or typing from a handheld device that's maybe another story. But if you're on an actual computer and you can't be bothered to use reasonably accurate grammar, you may not be an a**hole but you're acting like one.

#21     Oct 28, 2010
  2. "Some researchers and people with Asperger's have advocated a shift in attitudes toward the view that it is a difference, rather than a disability that must be treated or cured.[8]"

Where the line between disability and behavioral flaw is blurred I guess any definition would be difficult to apply. I don't know you or your situation, so I apologize if I offended in any way.

#22     Oct 28, 2010
  3. charts

charts

Although there are plenty of a..holes who don't know that their lack of punctuation and negligent orthography means their posts pass mostly unread ... :)

#23     Oct 28, 2010
  4. charts

charts

I agree!

#24     Oct 28, 2010
  5. none taken asshole haha:D

#25     Oct 28, 2010
  6. Totally agree! Thanks for that, you made my night.

#26     Oct 28, 2010
  7. I had a few customers who were assholes. Guess what I know that they didn't? I overcharged them. Ahahahahaha:D

Now sometimes circumstances wouldn't let me overcharged them...what to do? Umnnnn.. sorry, too busy...can you wait 2 weeks or a month... (then maybe after waiting I'll think of way to overcharge).

Of course, I've been an asshole too. I learned from my customers...customers always right... yuppers.

I remember one situation where I went in with the plan that as soon as this guy said "Fuck you" I would consider it a win and leave quietly. I wanted to see how long it would take.

I was prepared to stay for one minute or all day but I really wanted him to tell me to "Go fuck myself". Long story short, it took about 5 memorable minutes. I still get gooosebumps to this day, reliving the excitment of that conversation. :cool: :D

#27     Oct 28, 2010
  8. You and I are adults. We both have our life experiences, education and have probably met tens of thousands of people in our lifetime. We dont need long explanations, in fact, sometimes we need just a look or gesture to "get the point".

Assholish behavior is when someone comes over to you and feels they need a longish explanation that goes into every detail. Like being late for a job. The correct way to correct this behavior is to go over to the employee, give them "the look" and point to your watch. The point is then well taken. The assholish manager will launch into a 10 minute explanation as to why its wrong to be late...maybe they might even take the worker aside and have a meeting in the backroom...unnecessary and totally assholish.

On the internet, when someone launches into a long essay like explanation then it seems totally assholish.

#28     Oct 29, 2010
  9. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/no6-vsHgHJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/no6-vsHgHJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#29     Oct 29, 2010
  10. nitro

nitro

Yes, I am an asshole, since I like my SBUX drinks tailored.

#30     Oct 29, 2010