Are you a type A or type B personality

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nasdaqmadness, Mar 18, 2004.

1. gnome

gnome

I read. What's your point??

#21     Mar 18, 2004
  2. Use your finer cognitive science skills as well, and contribute in a more positive form. It makes for better reading, or are you upset about trading today ? Please, do tell us. Albeit, perhaps in another thread to get on topic - there's the "Oh my God, I suck!" thread. Informative reading as well. ;-)

#22     Mar 18, 2004
  3. gnome

gnome

I contribute LOTS of positive stuff, Buddy... just look around!

Not a bad day at all. Hit my stop, took my loss, had a beer... just like every other day. (Actually, I was hoping to break even today... I could've used the money.)

Never looked into the "Oh my God, I suck" thread. What would I do? Make nice and try to convince them they really DON'T suck? Or better yet, crack a joke? I MIGHT be a smart ass, but I'm not a smart ass-HOLE!!

#23     Mar 18, 2004
  4. Helpful post.

Keirsey and Bates collaborated on: "Please Understand me Character and Temperment types"

Liz and I are into improving family QOL and life-cycles with a focus on preventing disruption. We used a reweighted M-B to clone possible C corp subsidiaries leadership in 250 cities.

The trader version for making money drops out of the test as well.

The last two pairs in B-M are the key for making money.

#24     Mar 18, 2004
  5. In life I'm 100% type A. But it's funny in trading I tend more and more to switch from type A to type B wheras one could expect the contrary :p Sort of counterbalancing the market.

BTW beware of cyclothymicity like the market itself in fact :)

#25     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Banjo

Banjo

This is trading on mushrooms and is illegall in some states.

"The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms-this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong to the rank of devoutly religious men."
    Albert Einstein

#26     Mar 18, 2004
  7. funky

funky

very well put ;) thanks ....

-funky

#27     Mar 18, 2004
  8. Please elaborate.

JT

#28     Mar 18, 2004
  9. gwnorth

gwnorth

Sometimes I am a Type A sometimes a Type B and at one time I was living with a Type C and thats why they are reffered to as ex. For the most part I have found patience to be the hardest thing to aquire when trading. So I guess I started out as an A.

:D

#29     Mar 18, 2004
  10. One of the easiest patterns to see:cool: ;
    & its a bit general but can be accurate follows.

A. the Sanguine ;
    mostly has excellent work habbits, tends to luv to talk, whether man or woman.

Figure manager Michael Masters ,Jack Schwager helper , nickname ''big sloppy'' is part sanguine;
    Figure Jesee Livermore with hard working habbits & his discretion is linked to his feelings.

They might value excitement & spontanity & many words rather than details or accuracy.

Usually dont nitpick with a sanguine's personality weakness with details;
    a sanguine man in business tends to be helpful & generuos.

:cool:

Can almost guareetee you Jesse Livermore had thrills also talking to the journalist & mining engineer - Edwin Lefevere

#30     Mar 19, 2004