Are you a type A or type B personality

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nasdaqmadness, Mar 18, 2004.

1. gnome

gnome

I'm a #$%^& Type B. What the CRAP do you care??

#11     Mar 18, 2004
  2. I'm type... "Bwahaha BS"

I don't care and actually everyone has a little bit of every type... whether it be kinetically or potentially.

Look at it this way... There's a saying in Japan, "On a red light, everybody walks and you're not scared". Also, I have fond memories from kindergarden to high school, talking with friends about doing something together like:

"Hey, that girl's cute"

"Yeah" x4

"Someone go talk to her..."

"Ummm... you go"

"You go" x3

"Hey, let's all go up to her..."

"OK" x 4

I guess there's the human element that causes reactions from their basis towards isolation, insecurity, lack of confidence or something against independence.

People posting in this thread wants to find assurance of themselves through categorizing themselves in some sort of way. Don't you guys find some sort of comfort when you find someone else losing at a specific period as the same time you lost or feel superiority when you're winning and others are losing?

Do you find some comfort in finding some "relative" identity of yourself?

Well... as long as you're happy, go ahead and categorize and limit yourself in anyway you like.

Bwahahahahahaha... pathetic...

BS thread... well, maybe not... just another thread of pikers making a fool out of themselves... LOL...

#12     Mar 18, 2004
  3. I have been around traders since 1979.

My observation has been that within the type A group there is a very important subdivision. The perfectionist and the broad brush. It is sort of like the (type A) manager type (attention to detail) and the (type A) leader type (watching the big picture).

I have observed the greatest success and the least stress in the type A personality individual which continues to see the big picture (the WAR not the battle). These individuals can take loss after loss with the attitude they are still RIGHT. It causes them little to no stress. The perfectionist/attention to detail type A on the other hand continues to fight battles not WARS and has considerable stress.

I owned controlling interest in a Broker/Dealer for many years. I also owned an investment advisory firm for a number of years and have dealt with and been involved with a lot of traders (both equity and futures) during my early years at a major wire house.

I do believe personality and psychology are major foundation blocks to long term success as a trader.

But then again, What does a foolish piker like me know anyway.:D :D :D

#13     Mar 18, 2004
  4. I just wanted to move this foolish pikers' thread back to the top for the benefit of gnome and WDGann. :D :D :D

Not calling either of you foolish or pikers. Just having fun, chill.:D :D :D

#14     Mar 18, 2004
  5. That's certainly an interesting personality type you have there.

Are you any different on friday nights nowadays ?

Been reading up on philosophy and extensialism, have you ?

How do you know what the relative small number of people posting here wants ? Do you look in the mirror and see God/Allah/Yahweh(Jahve) ?

Actually I was responding to someone quoting the rather well-known temperament classifications - known since ancient greek times, and I took the test for fun in 1994, when attending university education.

And of course, I find comfort in others losing - because that might mean I'm doing well on the trading day. Someone's losses are other's winnings.

Who is pathethic when posting this kind of response in the psych. forums, if it is not yourself ? ;-)

#15     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Well, I guess the majority of people interested in this thread, wouldn't really care of your type. The remarks he made were on topic.
    And you can continue trading without trying to understand market psychology or it's players.

#16     Mar 18, 2004
  7. Cheese

Cheese

".. the individual which continues to see the big picture (the WAR not the battle)." Nutsneal. Yes, this is along the right lines.

This A/B division does not otherwise work. Its like saying are you an emotional loser or an ice cold winner?

Also one sees oneself as better or best, whichever alleged type, because high innate self-worth is how you must feel to become a winner.

So here is where the difference is in winners: the instinctive at ease player who makes a whiz trader or alternatively the problem-solver who doesn't need to be a trader but simply uses the low barrier opportunity of the trading playing field to fashion success.

#17     Mar 18, 2004
  8. gnome

gnome

Good gawd, take a pill! I was just going for a laugh. (Didn't get it, but that won't stop me from trying again!) :D

#18     Mar 18, 2004
  9. :confused:

So this post is supposedly a personal attack with no point? Sorry, I'm don't see any debatable point in the subject... ???

#19     Mar 18, 2004
  10. Hehe, I knew that - just couldn't resist. Flamebaits aren't soo cool when you get charcoaled either, but they're best deepfrozen. :D
    Someone was complaining on the suffering quality of posts on the forums - perhaps you should read up on it : http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29870

#20     Mar 18, 2004