Are you a successful trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alraaayeq, Feb 12, 2006.

Are you a successful trader?

1. Yes, Average 10%+ growth per month

37 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Yes, Average 9%- growth per month

32 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. No, I am losing my money and time

56 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. tanp21

tanp21

Did you know that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot?

:D

#11     Feb 13, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Do you have scientific evidence to prove this claim ?

#12     Feb 13, 2006
  3. Man get over the obsession with me... so you were wrong... traders learn to live with that or die... stop acting like a 5 year old because you embarrassed yourself with a ridiculous call

#13     Feb 13, 2006
  4. Really?? 10% + per month??

#14     Feb 13, 2006

5. Yes, in some STOCK markets we made this growth, even bank funds did that.

see
    http://www.tadawul.com.sa/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_49L/.cmd/ad/.c/6_1_9R/.ce/7_1_6L8/.p/5_1_6EV?MutualFundMangersDrop=006+++&SelectedTab=1
    the Saudi Market Stocks official wWeb site

#15     Feb 14, 2006
  6. gbos

gbos

I have bought stocks in the past that made me 400% in a few months but to claim that someone can make 10% a month on his whole portfolio consistently is like claiming you are the son of god.

Unless of course my poor English prevented me from understanding the poll.

:)

#16     Feb 14, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Do not open that can of worms with all of the MM running around here.

#17     Feb 14, 2006
  8. malaka56

malaka56

I hate the 95% loser statistic that gets thrown around. there is no other base to figure out what that means. no timeframe, no number of trades, nothing. Also, I would think the 95% "law" would apply to traders in general, and yes, that even means your aunt susie who places a few trades during the late 1990s.

#18     Feb 15, 2006
  9. Enough brilliant traders have said it who have no investment in the stat itself

#19     Feb 15, 2006
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

dont know where you get 95% from, but....

there was a poll carried out by brokers, and the findings suggested that 80-90% (cant remember which) of accounts either blew up or threw in the towel after 6-9 months.

this is all customers. no distinction between time frame, method etc. besides, such criteria is pointless anyhow. the reasons for failure are 3 fold: not understanding risk, not understanding or following the approach/plan/method, or not understanding the impacts of diversification or hedging (where appropriate). NONE of these have anything to do with the time frame (investment or day trading) or any specific method.

i also see it at pointless though. as joe ross once said, statistics only predict. it is up to YOU whether you succeed or fail.

as a side note however, i think if we read all the time that 80% fail etc, then this programmes our subconscious to fail if we are not careful. perhaps a reason why some internet sites can do more harm than good?

#20     Feb 15, 2006