Are you a successful at home day trader with no other source of income who began with modest means?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JTrades, Jan 31, 2015.

1. fan27

fan27

Nice trade! I think you found your niche...wait for plague and buy when everyone else is selling ;)

#381     Dec 26, 2020
  2. themickey

themickey

Shouldn't be too long a wait, new strains are coming out more frequently now.
    I'm sure Santa will bring one.
    santas-picks.jpg

#382     Dec 26, 2020
    fan27 likes this.
  3. BAT31

BAT31

That's it! I missed the meltdown of 2008. Stocks were dirt cheap, but I was dirt broke!

I made more money buying and holding during COVID than I did trading futures. It's crazy. I caught stocks that were trading for a little more than a dollar, and now they are trading in the $10 - $12 range.

After the March 2020 sell off, in June 2020, I caught Luckin Coffee at $1.44 on the last day before its scheduled delisting. They got delisted due to refusal to show their books after an accounting scandal. Now, the stock is trading in the $7.00 range. It will probably go higher once they return to NASDAQ.

In about another year, I will be well capitalized to add futures trading to my financial management.

#383     Dec 26, 2020
    comagnum and CDoubleUU like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

Ya makes total sense, change your name from batshit batty to dirt broke. :)

#384     Dec 27, 2020
  5. Well, are you still as optimistic?

#385     Jan 1, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

6 years on nearly still nearly there, depressing that got a like lol :(

Went mad a few times, trading plays with your mind too much.

#386     Jan 1, 2021
    CDoubleUU likes this.
  7. %%
    Good work/hard to do real well without risk.
    Almost all my entries/exits are intraday;
    i never limit myself to intraday only or one income. I dont consider any kind of trading/investing, gambling.
    More good news + bad news/any American is already rich compared to most nations.

#387     Jan 7, 2021
    CDoubleUU and Turveyd like this.