Are you a successful at home day trader with no other source of income who began with modest means?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JTrades, Jan 31, 2015.

1. i960

i960

If you're referring to the 20th question I meant specifically what happened with your approach that you feel you could have done better and not necessarily FOMC related moves on that day.

#311     May 30, 2015
  2. DDR

DDR

The 20th
    That was human error .... here's the trap :
    "Never think only act"
    On that day I thought I knew what was going to happen. I did not follow my entry rules.
    In trading leveraged futures you are only allowed minor errors anymore and u start undoing days of gains !
    Needless to say on that day the whole page of my A4 trading journal had highlights everywhere and a few expletives .... lol
    I was on track to a 10k month, looking forward to comparing end of June results.

#312     May 31, 2015
    VPhantom likes this.
  3. i960

i960

If there's one thing I've learned about FOMC days it's to not play that news directly, let the crazy get worked out and then move in. I even made some early short calls when I should have been staying out or going long. It all ended up working out after I caught a short at the FOMC high plus had a previous short in the European session that I scaled out of at the bottom (unfortunately the other one was retraced).

nq_20150520.png

#313     May 31, 2015
    taq likes this.
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Nice looking figures.
    Perhaps you would elaborate a bit on method and which 3 instruments ?

#314     May 31, 2015
  5. This is where I put that Surfer guy on ignore. If he's so negative about different opinions as it pertains to trading, I have no idea why he's even here...a forum where people express different opinions.

#315     May 31, 2015
  6. DDR

DDR

Sure, ASX200 DAX FTSE (FTSE least)
    Method, sell price below SMA buy price above SMA (simplified version)
    I wasn't aware these figures were "nice" in anyway, my impression is that most here were making far more.
    At any rate I do the best with my experience and grow as fast as I can without damaging my account.

Can anyone point me to members that trade solely on indicies

#316     May 31, 2015
  7. DDR

DDR

Well all I can say is S.O.B.
    Did not kill the loser quick enough, (one trade a total balls up) you can tell I'm not bullshitting anyone by posting "real" results. On pg 31 of this thread was May results.
    I certainly did learn allot this month ! Still have my capital and still in the game, we shall see if I can put it together for end of July turn around !
    0.00 no trading days
    June 2015.png

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    #317     Jun 30, 2015
  8. barcadia

barcadia

who are the best realtime traders on this site? (past and present)
    (must be realtime. Not the usual hindsight nonsense)

#318     Jun 30, 2015
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  9. JTrades

JTrades

Based on one of your calls (the only one I saw), you're pretty good. Right?

Rearden Metal (occasional), atticus / drownpruf / convexx (options), ammo (ES), ...

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/the-best-traders-in-et.277349/

Most are either no longer actively posting, unwilling to risk exposing their edge or are in P&R.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    #319     Jun 30, 2015
  10. elitetrader probably has the fewest number of traders able to prove anything in realtime compared to other trading forums in my experience. It's mainly all theoretical/hindsight/vague ambiguous 'foresight' etc etc

Can't think of any who still post, but from the past Saliva/convexx/builder/volente all showed skills.

#320     Jun 30, 2015