Are you a proud homeowner?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jackherman59, Dec 22, 2007.

1. I live a very good life, this post is coming from my Cashmere gold granite counter tops in my kitchen. I donot worry about my neighbors and they donot worry about me. All I see is wrought Iron gates and fenced yards and I donot know who lives behind those tall hedges.

Besides I trade options every day from the luxury of several rooms and make consistent 5-9% returns every month including this month. I am already up 9% this expiration Friday.

I have plenty of time, I take afternoons naps and exercise my abs and drink a little red wine and eat dark chocolates after a nice healthy lunch.

#51     Dec 23, 2007
  2. You sure do like to talk about your riches. I sincerely hope you live a short life and die a painful death on your expensive kitchen floor. You are true scum.

#52     Dec 23, 2007

3. Such angry outbursts during Christmas times? TSk TSK TSK.. I am sorry to see you burst your veins with that post of yours. How am I a scum? Because I am more successful than you are?

Where do you live? One bed room rented apartment above Uncle Joes garage? Do you park your 1988 Ford wagon on the street or in a carport? What happened to you kids? They play ball on the streets and you flag down cars for them ?

#53     Dec 23, 2007

4. The problem with this country is that the consumer is capable of stop spending or buying and when he does that everything circles down the turdbowl. When the consumers stopped buying real estate 2005, they were scared, they got greedy, they became a speculators, hoping to cash in at lower prices and killed their own American dreams in the process!

Now an average consumer cannot but a home. He won't qualify for a 100% loan since there are none. People with credit problem are going to rent and people with good credit may get another chance. When that happens the real estate prices stagnate like they did last 2 years. Nationally the prices have come down just 4.5 % and not much, but now the average greedy joe is out of luck and have to rent while his kids play ball on the streets and they can't have a puppy or a kitten this year. Serves these morons right.

Lets see how long you can hold that need of housing in your belly. People have jobs and while they can pay their mortgages they dont have to sell you at lower prices. As long as the mortgages are met, people will not sell at lower prices for various reasons, they too become speculators hoping for better prices in the future.

So it has become a game of chicken , a game of wait and see attitudes. Lets see how long this will last. This is not 1992-1997 when we lost jobs and people couldn't pay mortgages and real estate prices plummeted.

#54     Dec 23, 2007
  5. Dude, relax!!!

I dont even know what you've posted. I was talking to the Jackoff guy who started this thread. Geez.

#55     Dec 23, 2007
  6. Oops, didn't see this before I responded.

Apology accepted. Have a nice xmas.

#56     Dec 23, 2007
  7. You really are an idiot. Tech bubble burst and life wet on. You do not likely have the intelligence to hedge against anything as you likely understand nothing. Go spend some time with your family if they haven't shunned you because of your shitbag attitude.

Merry Christmas from my beautiful (5th) home. Made possible in part through profits of the first 4.

#57     Dec 23, 2007
  8. don't put her in a position to wreck you on the rocks if the relationship sours.

#58     Dec 23, 2007
  9. When you own real estate be very careful of gold diggers and other parasites. They can start putting leins and taking you to court. Have a pre-nup drawn up before you tie that piece of real estate with your romantic interest.

Real estate is a sitting duck in a lawsuit. Protect it.

#59     Dec 24, 2007
  10. jem

jem

Now that loans are tied to income, I suspect that prices will return to year 2000-2001 levels when prices were tied to income.

for instance in North County san diego - a 4 bedroom home in a good school district will cost you 700 to 900 thousand.

You have to have 200 in cash and make about 200 thou a year.

How are all of the homes for sale - and all the homes owned by banks but not for sale going to sell at prices which were set when loans were not tied to income.

I am a soon to be renter as I sold my last house at a loss on Dec. 10. ( i was offered 235 thou more for it 18 mos ago but my wife would not take it.).

I have been looking to buy or rent in North county san Diego. I used to own in LaCosta Valley. Rents are going up because so many have lost their homes. And so many are refusing to buy. In sept and october median prices dropped 12% combined. Price per square foot is collapsing. The builders have really dropped their prices. The inventory is amazing but it is no where near florida levels. I predict a lot more down side.

When the ratio between inventory and sales starts to make a meaningful improvement - I will look to buy. Right now the ratio is getting dangerously close to free fall levels.

#60     Dec 24, 2007