Are you a proud homeowner?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jackherman59, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Yet, you had no idea how SPX options work. Reading through the thread is a delight because you get schooled by about five different people.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101869

#41     Dec 23, 2007
  2. Yes I have a very good idea how SPX works and how to break that strangle hold for retail investors. I wrote that successful post.

Obviously you know who I am and I can promise you a bloody nose in this thread too.

#42     Dec 23, 2007
  3. Boy, you must be really, really angery. All this negative trash talking at xmas time no less. Would it make you feel better if all homeowners went broke? LOL!

I'm thinking your a very young, not so well off, and not very good looking guy whose all alone, spending xmas in his 900sqft apt, wishing he had 1/4 of my net worth. Not to mention people who loved him to share it with.

You know as those tech stocks burned in 2001 I had my best year ever in the market. Didn't lose my job even though the whole business was built on selling to tech companies, either. Your obviously young as you seem almost hyper-emotional. You've never seen cycles play out. I doubt you even remember 1987, let alone the crash. And you certainly don't remember the early 80's with interest rates of 19%- talk about bad for housing, yowza!

Bottomline, what your suggesting has little to do with economic reality and everything to do with your personal emotions. I'm sorry things aren't working out for you. Maybe 2008 will be better. But it sounds like you need to do some growing up first, then we can have a rational, logical discussion about real estate and other investment vehicles. Right now your not in a place to be able to do that.

Sad, real sad. Just know that trying to spread your venom isn't going to change your sitituation.

#43     Dec 23, 2007

4. Negativity is coming from you not from me. I have always held real estate in high esteem and its the best investment out there while providing a nice shelter and a massive tax write off. There is no such thing in a securities market that will give you $500,000 tax free rides on gains every 2 years.

You don't know what I own and what I do, so your assumptions are an erratic and irresponsible figment of your beaten down imagination. Let me just clarify something to you:

For starters I live in a Million dollar home with lots of land and plush comforts and I am typing this post from my granite countertops made from Cashmere Gold . I am sitting in bright sunshine with a view of green trees and pleasant vistas. There are 14 mature trees on this property alone. Not a soul around not a single noise while the music plays on the piped channels.

What are you doing today ? Washing your car ( your only asset) outside your tenant parking structure while children are playing and loud noises coming from neighbors funky party ? You wish you killed yourself and not have to deal with that abject reality? Wish you had roof of your own. Wish you could have complete privacy and wish you could shelter all your income legally.

#44     Dec 23, 2007
  5. There may very well prove to be some truth in this post. A lot of truth if you ask me.

All we have right now is a re-evaluation of assets, it's not the end of the world nor the end of the fractional reserve banking system as many like to suggest.

2008 will prove to be the best opportunity in the history of our country for smart investors to acquire a substantial amount of money.

GL, GT, and Merry Christmas to you all.

#45     Dec 23, 2007

6. You are making lots of assumptions in your pint sized garbage heaped cranium. You don't know what I have been through. You don't know a damn thing. I have been around lot longer idiot brains.

While you were chasing stocks from 2000- 2003 bear market, I was dabbling in real estate, flipping properties and the market was RED HOT.

#46     Dec 23, 2007
  7. As long as I don't see you doing late nite real estate infomercials with Don Lapre, you're ok with me. :D

#47     Dec 23, 2007
  8. He was addressing the original poster, not you. He even quoted the other guy to begin with.

#48     Dec 23, 2007
  9. So you are banking 500k gains every two years on your real estate. Get off the internet and count your money idiot. Most people don't make that on a home in 10 years. I know, I know you are not most people but a multi millionaire living the good life.

#49     Dec 23, 2007
  10. I am sorry, its a mixup. I apologize.

#50     Dec 23, 2007