Are you a Customer or Guest????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 14, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Have companies changed the way they look at consumers since the downfall of the economy, I think so.

I noticed this over the last 2-3 years that many "corporate" establishments have changed their tone to the shopper as being more of a guest than a customer. I'm really confused and fed up with this fucking corporate nonsense they try to push. If you just take a second to search the word Customer and Guest you get an entirely different meaning.

CUSTOMER:

A customer (also known as a client, buyer, or purchaser) is usually used to refer to a current or potential buyer or user of the products of an individual or organization, called the supplier, seller, or vendor. This is typically through purchasing or renting goods or services.

GUEST:

a person who spends some time at another person's home in some social activity, as a visit, dinner, or party.

Last time I stepped into one of those big retail stores I wasn't planning on sitting down for a dinner with the assistant manager or enjoying ones company with the other "employees". Im a fucking customer, not a GUEST!!!

2. I suppose "guest" could conjure images of feeling at "home".

For instance, pump your own gas, check out your own purchases chump, where are the peas? Find them yourself. Look around make yourself at home.

Of course this conflicts with "guest" in the restaurant industry. I do agree though, corporate Americas relationship with the paying public is not so good whatever you're called.

3. My personal favs are calling prospects customers and instead of demo its a design session. I am all for positive thinking but it gets carried away in corp. America at times.

4. What about corporations that instead of calling their their employees "employees", they call them "associates" to make the employees feel better about their minimum wage jobs.

5. Everyday low prices, HURRAY! Everyday low wages, BOO! :(

6. BSAM

BSAM

Put me in the "customer" column. Sure are a lot of rude clerks/employees in the stores these days.

7. It is not possible thinking. It is DECEPTION. Some customers too dump to see it. Being call Associate doesn't help a worker feel any better aboit low wages. I though only in law firms or doctor groups are where lawyers and doctors are called associates because they have a stake in the firm. They go from associate to partner. Now Wal-mark calls its workers Associate. What a joke.

8. I have noticed this more too which surprises me considering its easy to replace people.