Are women better traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pirate, Nov 13, 2006.

1. I know :) I was just taking it one step further :)

#41     Nov 13, 2006
  2. nassau

nassau

Well gentlemen, what's your reference ..in real time..
    I have found from real experiences in our office that women do make better traders..
    Men tend to take their trades personal..the let their testostrone run and the use of adjective get limited to fourl etters very quickly..
    they usually ask for help once the ship is under water, fight constructive criticism, become very competitive with each other...ie who makes the most and get greedy much faster than any one of the women trading here.
    the women are not uncomfortable asking for help,advise or to get a reconfirmation of the trade...when they first get uncomfortable with the trade...usually cents vs dollars with the males..
    the women seem to be better money managers and take their profits faster keeping within their risk management comfort zone..
    over the long run they generate about the same amount of money..
    the men take more risk and home runs make more profits..there losses are larger but I personally have to babysit the men far more..
    women tend to take instruction and direction without a hassle or explanation much better also.
    for the record...I have trained and had at least 30 men trading compared to 7or 8 women..only one's risk management could not be controlled as she was too much of a wild card versus most of the men...
    I personally believe the lack of women being in our business is as a result of the door having been closed in the past and just recently over the past years being available..

This topic was previously discussed a year or so ago whereby my post was the same

w

#42     Nov 13, 2006
  3. They've never had any trouble squeezing money out of me

#43     Nov 13, 2006
  4. stereo70

stereo70

optioncoach wrote:

Actually, the "cover model" is a Securities Finance/repo trader...definitely an area of trading that is NOT 99% male.

#44     Nov 13, 2006
  5. Perhaps another main reason would be they can easily get insider information from men traders. :D

#45     Nov 13, 2006
  6. Women tend to be more calm and patient with stocks than male traders

#46     Nov 13, 2006
  7. no

#47     Nov 14, 2006
  8. There is a broad distribution of players in the IBD MeetUp in Tucson.

Out of 40 or so regulars, pro rata, it goes to the women so far.

#48     Nov 14, 2006
  9. liver

liver

This got to be one most sexist remarks and probably most insecure one at bat coming from someone whose job is based on their level of confidence . If the whole theme of this post discussion ( and sexism in corp world) is that someone gender is not a determined factor on how well a certain job or task is done, then isn't this Lady who runs this fund guilty of same sexism she is griping about?

Pretty obnoxious to come out and make a ___insert gender____ type statement and try to come off as intelligent individual. More power to her for running a business, but this gender spat is borderline immature.

One thing I want to add, look at numbers on how many MALE fund managers there are versus WOMEN. Obviously this data size can easily be eschewed to show women are better traders than men

At end, it's all about individual, but I have to admit that in USA, racial minorities get cast aside from this arena ( asian women don't count because they are basically consider honorary WHITE females)

#49     Nov 14, 2006
  10. White American women are the most hyper-privileged, pampered class of people in human history. And what do they do with this privilege? Mostly bitch, whine and complain about how tough they have it, just like "princessa."

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen Daddy's Little Darling get a cake job in sales or marketing because her white dad is buddies with the president of the firm. And, hey what luck, hiring her also earns the firm brownie points for "diversity"! This is the real joke and fraud behind affirmative action. White women have overwhelmingly been the beneficiaries of affirmative action when they are, overwhelmingly, the least discriminated against and have the best connections out of all of the minority groups.

Once Daddy's Little Darling is ensconced in her position, she is working with the following benefit: As a woman, she is morally superior to every man she works with because, well, because women are oppressed. Right? And when she needs to make a power play in the office, she can whimper about discrimination and HR moves heaven and earth to hike her pay and give her whatever else she wants.

As for "women are better traders", that is part of the current sick feminism that has completely taken over American society that says that women are better than men at virtually everything. The individual no longer matters. What matters is leveraging whatever grievance group credibility you can scrape together.

The same thing is playing out in all parts of American society but especially in education. Normal boys are no longer considered "aggressive" or "high energy". They're classified as defectives who need Ritalin so they can be quiet and sweet just like the girls.

Anyone who studies history winds up chuckling at the delusions and backwardness of previous generations. Future generations will shake their heads at how aggressively our society embraces bigotry at the same time it's pretending to rectify it.

Let me state it plainly for the many who don't get it: Sex, race or religion do not determine what someone can or can't achieve. The individual determines what they can achieve. The people on this thread who think they have an answer based on sex or race or whatever are socially conditioned PC fucktards.

#50     Nov 15, 2006