Are women better at trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluud, Jul 20, 2007.

Are women better at trading?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. No, men are better at trading

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. No, being a good trading has nothing to do with the person's sex

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

do you drop your pants every time you make a big score in the market?

please post a photo of your trading desk

#21     Jul 21, 2007
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

NO FRIGGIN WAY !!!! woman are notoriously indecisive. you ever ask a broad where she wants to go to dinner or what she wants to do for the evening! c'mon!

#22     Jul 21, 2007
  3. congoboy

congoboy

i dont trade with pants on

#23     Jul 21, 2007
  4. Are women better at trading?

Craziest question on here for a long time.

A. NO!

Living in a world of political correctness starts to have an effect on some people after a while, it's just an illusion.

There will be women who are good traders, but they will be no good at cooking, cleaning and other mundane and trivial chores that women are adapted and evolved for.

Good women traders are usually the lesbian and butch types. They will be psychologically disturbed, probably unlucky in past relationships with men by not being able to satisfy the man correctly.

Women who trade will generally buy and hold for years, like a hen sits on an egg waiting for it to hatch.

Good women, love lapdancing for a living and having boob jobs.

That's what i think anyway.

#24     Jul 21, 2007
  5. 2006

I agree women do have some good characteristics which would make them better traders in general.

The solution to that problem is the "GAY" male trader. In touch with their senses while still having some testosterone.

#25     Jul 21, 2007
  6. Fistfull

Fistfull

Are women better at trading? Good question. I've never met a female trader so I wouldn't know. I'm inclined to think that if they made better traders there would be more of them. I think the real question is "do women make worse traders than men.”

In the modern world there are lots of traditional male professions where women have made massive inroads, but trading sure isn't one of them. There are more women in trading than there used to be (as in there are some female traders now and there used to basically be none) but look at a profession like medicine. It's getting to the point where female med students are outnumbering men on some campuses. You don't see that in trading.

I guess the coming years will be interesting. If the proportions of female traders increase at an above average rate relative to other traditionally male professions I'd be inclined to say that the current lack of female traders is temporary and will even out over time. If that doesn't happened I'd be inclined to say men do have a natural advantage.

I'd be interested to see some statistics on this sort of thing if anyone knows of any.

#26     Jul 22, 2007
  7. Women are better at smoking my hog...

#27     Jul 22, 2007
  8. Might want to edit that post. Sounds like you're saying you've had men 'smoke your hog' and the women were better?

#28     Jul 23, 2007
  9. zdreg

zdreg

that is why poh poh is the best trader on ET. he is flexible and understands his environment.

#29     Jul 23, 2007
  10. Good lord, you are right..
    I better go and punch someone in the face....
    Reclaim my manhood...
    Then, I'm going to find a great trade...
    Short NG?

#30     Jul 23, 2007