Are women better at trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluud, Jul 20, 2007.

Are women better at trading?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. No, men are better at trading

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. No, being a good trading has nothing to do with the person's sex

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. congoboy

congoboy

oh yeah maan. women get me jumbo rising. here at my billion dolar hedge fund trading desk, i have women sitting next to me all time for my pleazure.

#12     Jul 20, 2007
  2. The majority of women are the primary cooks at home.

yet the world's best Chefs are all Men.

And that goes for every other profession.

I found women aren't necessarily "better" at trading. Men once they master trading, will usually net more.

However if you give women a "system" that works, they're patient enough and smart enough to NOT deviate and try their own things with the "system".

#13     Jul 20, 2007
  3. Women tend to have too much fear, as opposed to men, who tend to have too much greed.

#14     Jul 20, 2007
  4. There is no market bias, both men and women can achieve success in this business.

Cheers to all

#15     Jul 20, 2007
  5. jsmooth

jsmooth

[good looking] Women make better Clerks/Runners....goto the floor of the CBOT or CME - all the top traders have HOT clerks/runners.

#16     Jul 20, 2007
  6. The most post in this thread so far.

#17     Jul 21, 2007
  7. toc

toc

women i do not know but bitches sure do not have potentials of becoming good traders, 'cause bitches are basically stupid!

#18     Jul 21, 2007
  8. Women generally have more patience,will go with a trend rather than try and fight it and aren't trying to impress their mates all the time trying to be the bigshot of the office.

#19     Jul 21, 2007
  9. Women and men have gut instincts. Women will pay attention to their instincts and are more in tune to them than men. Assuming equal knowledge between men and women, a woman may not walk down the dark street because she has been conditioned through other unrelated experiences in life to pay attention to what her gut tells her what decision to make.

Men brush off those feelings, "it's just my imagination" no it's not, somewhere in the psyche, every past experience has come into play for this feeling to surface.

#20     Jul 21, 2007