Are women better at trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluud, Jul 20, 2007.

Are women better at trading?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. No, men are better at trading

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. No, being a good trading has nothing to do with the person's sex

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. bluud

bluud

haha .. that is supposed to be 'good trader' not 'good trading' :D

2. no

3. I wouldn't mind one on my desk

4. Better to look at while trading of course....

ON the floor it is probably harder for women since it has been a good ol boys club for so long they may not get the same respect/attention when they start out. Once they show they can make money, no one cares who they are.

5. Your average woman wouldn't cut it.

The women that do make it, exhibit more male like psychological traits then the typical woman.

Most are probably taught by men.

6. there are at least five academic papers that say on "average" woman are better than men, because remember most investors or traders tend to lose anyways. Statistically validated. For more info:

"BOYS WILL BE BOYS: GENDER, OVERCONFIDENCE,
    AND COMMON STOCK INVESTMENT*"
    BRAD M. BARBER AND TERRANCE ODEAN

-And I'm male, not female btw.

7. Your average man doesn't cut it either.

8. There is a strong link between testosterone and confidence. That is why many men are overconfident in a very risky/poor reward trade situation and blow it.

However it depends on your definition of "trading". If you're talking about some mechanical automated TA system then even a trained monkey can do that.

9. That's true, but since the field in male dominated its easy to say more men succeed. You'd really need to know how many men try/succeed vs how many women try/succeed.

10. Cesko

Cesko

Why don't they try?? In this business "discrimination" crap doesn't apply.

#10     Jul 20, 2007