Are we running out of water?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by southlaketrader, Aug 2, 2006.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

consider stock for the long run, WTR

#21     Aug 6, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is amazing how many people expressed their ignorance on the subject. In short, yes, we are running out of clean, usable water. There are huge, repeat HUGE water shortages in the West, farmers are figthing for it like it was gold. The city of Las Vegas has no idea where to get their water to accomodate their rising population. Nobody here reads the papers anymore???

Hate to break it to you Bill, but the fact that you have to buy clean water in the store is evidence (beside for excellent marketing) exactly to the contrary, namely we have less and less clean drinking water.

Hell, 15 years ago you could safely drink the tapwater....

This article is from 2002, people it is time to catch up to the times!!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/11/021122073303.htm

So yes, watercompanies are going to be good investments for the coming years...

#22     Aug 6, 2006
  3. Neet

Neet

I second this. Good clean water is the liquid gold of the future.

PHO, the water ETF fund, is possibly one of the better long term investments out there.

#23     Sep 23, 2006
  4. Yes, I'll be worried when they start to consider human desalination. And then we'll be in Matrix territory.

#24     Sep 24, 2006
  5. Neet

Neet

Yet, most, probably you included, pay 1$ for a bottle of this vast resource :)

#25     Sep 24, 2006
  6. They should price it like Regal Cinemas -- $3.50 for a damn bottle of the stuff.

#26     Sep 24, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

There was an article in the Time magazine a few years back about the dire irrigation situation in the West. There is a water comissioner or what his title is, who solves fightings between farmers/ranches/water users....

He has the right and power to OVERRULE the president of the United States!!! No shit.....

I think that tells you something about the importance of water....

P.S.: As George Carlin would says: " Now they call it dehidrated. Back in my time they called it thirsty..."

#27     Sep 24, 2006
  8. Neet

Neet

lol

#28     Sep 24, 2006