Are we running out of water?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by southlaketrader, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ridiculous topic, go down to any store and you'll find 3 or 4 brands of bottled water. Hell, this didn't even exsist 15 years ago, so it's clear we have MORE water than ever!! ALGORE is a moron.

Rennick out

#11     Aug 2, 2006
  2. hans37

hans37

HUGE testament to marketing prowess and consumer gullibility.

#12     Aug 2, 2006
  3. atozcom

atozcom

No, as long as people are paying $1.00 for a bottle of water, any size, we will never run out of water.

#13     Aug 2, 2006
  4. Ahem. Just remember one thing. If the media can scare you, it translates directly into dollars for them.

If I was President of CBS news, I'd be smokin' a big ol' stogie, and point to your post and say, "I want everybody in the U.S. feeling like this guy does."

And remember to wear your hardhat when you leave the house today - to protect against the world-ending asteroid that I heard about on the news last week.

(Line your hardhat only with the Hypo-allergenic foam).

#14     Aug 2, 2006
  5. You forgot to mention bird flu

#15     Aug 3, 2006
  6. TGregg

TGregg

And Mad Cow. And Chit Chat.

#16     Aug 3, 2006
  7. pattersb

pattersb Guest

the day they stop building golf courses in Las Vegas, is the day you may want to contemplate considering whether or not to worry about the potential of a water shortage.

the globe is 72% water, not too mention the 90% locked up in carbon based life forms .... and when the icecaps really start to melt, will have nothing to even worry about worrying about

desalination baby, ...

#17     Aug 3, 2006
  8. The Arabs may be willing to pump some more if the price is right.
    :D

#18     Aug 3, 2006
  9. Feel free to come to florida in the next few weeks...we will have plenty of water for ya!!!! Here comes Chris.....:mad:

#19     Aug 3, 2006
  10. 4re

4re

2 years in a row of way below average rainfall and rapid population growth are two big reasons for this. We will get the rain eventually but the population thing is here to stay. Another thing I didn't know until recently is that lake Grapevine provides a lot of water to Dallas. That needs to stop since the population keeps moving to the outside boundries of the metroplex. Grapevine needs to keep its water restricted to your area only. Right now we aren't under any water restrictions in Denton County. But I know we are getting close. I stopped watering the lawn about 3 weeks ago and only hand water my trees and plants twice a week. But boy do we need some rain.

#20     Aug 6, 2006