Are we over the healthcare vote by now?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kfir, Mar 26, 2017.

1. kfir

kfir

Do you think we need to expect some weird stuff at Monday? or can we keep investing with a bull market mind?

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

3. Visaria

Visaria

Technically, weekly and monthly trends are still up...but there is a possibility those trends are turning. Daily trend is definitely down.

Fundamentally, both the political i.e. trump etc, and monetary policy i.e. increasing interest rates, lead to a bearish outlook.

piezoe likes this.
  4. it's bullish until marketsurfer takes a massive loss on his shorts

5. "After caucus members lobbied the White House, Republican leaders added a provision to eliminate an Obamacare requirement that health insurers cover services such as maternity care, mental health treatment and prescription drugs. But caucus members still didn't think the revisions went far enough in repealing the law." CNN.com

My question is: Are these idiots that call themselves Freedom caucus work for the American people or the Insurance companies?

6. Visaria

Visaria

It is 'freedom' in the sense that insurance companies would not be forced to cover those items.

7. Visaria

Visaria

He may have called it correctly this time.

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

And trump was ignorant enough that he pushed moderate republicans against the bill with that compromise.

He may not be a savvy deal maker. There is an article on businessinsider speculating that trump lost money in the nineties doing deals and made it in the 2000s through marketing. That writer is extrapolating by trumps 2 public tax returns and public knowledge of his business activities.

9. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

IMHO...

I don't see a bullish market this coming week. Technically, SP500 broke the neckline of double top (leaning bear), and is flirting with 50MA. It may test 2300 level. My initial overall strategy this week, is shorts in S&P, and longs in NDX.

GOP and POTUS punted on pushing ACA reform, and there will be continued buzz about that. Much dissension in GOP. The next target is Tax Reform, that will not go well until parties realign.

Monday - British PM May to kickoff Brexit, Chicago and Dallas Fed Prez’s give comments on Monday. (All probably uneventful and irrelevant to sentiment, but noteworthy)

Thursday - US GDP report

Earnings releases- PLAY RHT DRI CCL BBRY

10. how do you long Nasdaq and short s&p and expect to make money on that....that makes as much sense as marketsurfer's trades

#10     Mar 26, 2017