Are we no longer in a bearish trend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MoneyGod, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Excellent, continue please, give the singer some, man :)

We've made HISTORY at ET already just by getting the instruments you're in.

Let's go for Gold, Oh Magnificent One, give us the following please so we can follow along and learn from you, always remembering that I want you to win = make $ :)

your timeframe of analysis and holding of these positions, your entry - precise numbers, please, your Stops if any

Thank you kindly :)

#51     Jul 31, 2010

2. f_t, there is a larger concurrent point in me bringing up Enron .... it went-s like this ....

Balance sheet = could be real=true, could be fudged some or to the hilt

Earnings guidance etc., could be true or partially true or jiggered to fool or lull.

Point is, we the dummies will never know for sure ...

But there is JUST ONE FACT that nobody can fool us about or even try to fck with us ... that's the daily Open, High, Low, close of PRICE and the volume. This is all the edge we need. And the reason NOBODY has yet thought about corrupting the Open, close et al. is because they are all sure that technicans are total losers and that we ain't going to make no money anyway.

So, there on the chart (=O,H,L,C, vol, from which ALL TA is derived), lo and behold, in all its glory is the footprint of ALL i.e. the honest ones, the grey area ones and even the mudderfckers - whatever shenanigans they spring, we the techies can see it clearly. They can't hide it from us.

That's our edge baby. Now if only we can convert it to some dough, we got's it made.

This is why I loooooove TA. They can all go fck themselves with their lies; me, I got's the truth; now all I gots to do is learn to use it well.

:) :D :D

#52     Jul 31, 2010

3. They most certainly can go bellup, chief. If the entire underlying system fails, they all go poof. Nobody gets paid.

You're a top candidate for Murphy's Law, because you've stated CERTAINTY that this can never fail. Certainty is a commodity that is only afforded by HERD members. The lions are never sure and are plagued by doubts.

I know you've called a continuation bullrun in the US markets (elsewhere) - but what if my call comes true? Will you have time or BALLS to come out of your stupor and close your positions and get your cash to safety? Or will you, like every other mudder here, blame the black guy for that too? :)

have a good weekend :)

#53     Jul 31, 2010
  4. Waiting for an ET-er to provide actual numbers of his holdings is akin to "Unrequited Patience" = a naked woman lying down with her legs apart under a banana tree" :) :)

Re: your EWZ holding

My LONG exit would have been = Jan 15, 2010 .... cash out, keep in USD or convert to Japanese Yen, then stash it and resist the temptation to go short

But let's say I want to go Short ....

Short entry = April 29, 2010. This Short is still +ve and note that DEATH CROSSES have occurred in spades. Also note the heavy down volume in May 2010 but the low, low volume on the subsequent rally till today.

SHORT is the way to be until further notice, is my CALL.

The only time I'd even be concerned about liquidating my SHORT would be if the December 2009 top is taken out strongly momentum and volume-wise.

:)

#54     Aug 3, 2010
  5. the trend can be good for all members, I think that

#55     Aug 3, 2010

6. Look at it this way .... referring to moving averages

when the 13 x 21 x 34 = foreplay underway, but she can still say NO. (I don't use these at all, so I never have to walk around the city with a tent)

when 50 x 200 = penetration has just been initiated; fat chance she has of saying NO now.

when 144x200 = she's already speaking some biblical language in your ear. She's a total goner now.

Therefore the latter 2 examples are a RELIGION :) :D :D

#56     Aug 3, 2010
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Quote from piezoe:

(But never underestimate the power of the Fed to move the market up or down.)**

_____

Quote from deadbroke

ET is a magnificent place for deeply ingrained and solidly held MISCONCEPTIONS

The FED has power? :D :D

______

:D :D , indeed!

#57     Sep 1, 2010
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

September seasonality + all indices under 200 day MA = horrible track record for stocks:

http://www.optionetics.com/market/articles/23100

Days like today are probably a gift for shorts (I say "probably" because stocks may go a bit higher...but whatever you do, get in before S&P 500 definitively breaks below 1040 for an ideal entry).

#58     Sep 1, 2010
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Have you looked at the data for Sept-Oct. in midterm election years? If so I'd be interested, especially for midterm elections after the abandonment of Bretton Woods.

#59     Sep 2, 2010