Are we no longer in a bearish trend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MoneyGod, Jul 13, 2010.

1. WRONG!! :) :D :D

You keep shooting yourself in the foot. :)

Show me a single fundamental trader who can TIME.

TA = Timing.

Its so simple, but I'll explain it, doubt it will make any difference, though. :)

Pick any stock symbol (for example), freely traded, has a daily O,H,L,Close.

Without knowing a damn thing about the product or even what it is, or even what analysts are saying about it, or even earnings shortfalls etc., etc., it can be traded purely by using its price chart.

That's TA for you. No but you've got to fck it up by bringing in fundamentals into this simple equation, esp. neglecting to know that fundamentals lag Price action.

#41     Jul 25, 2010

2. Hey Petsamo, another way to look at your premise ....

there are literally 1000s of examples, but we'll take a well-known one, namely ENRON ...

famous FUNDA anal-ysts recs were STRONG BUY etc. all the way down to near zero. All the fudging that went on behind the scenes was totally missed by these million-dollar clowns.

But for the TA guy the evidence was piling in NEAR the top ... lower high, lower low, uptrendline busted AND Price could not get above it again, 200 ma busted, Death Cross. Therefore take profit and exit. Money in the bank. Game to TA!!!

#42     Jul 25, 2010

3. true true true

#43     Jul 26, 2010
  4. If I play with individual stocks, which I don't, I minimize my exposure, because there's always something that can blind-side you. Enron, BP, RIG, etc had no impact on my portfolio. Nice try !!

#44     Jul 26, 2010

5. >>> Look at you, you like to intermingle EMA and the SMA. <<<

That looks like a ding = put down ... but in reality its far better than your last ding, calling me a domestic terrorist :) :D

A lion cannot afford the luxury of the warmth of the HERD (Carl Swendlin and other herbivore gurus) for that warmth will never come, by definition. Switching targets in mid-chase is what separates the successful young lion from the ones that, though predators, will starve nonethless with their unidirectional and uni-plateau hunting tactics.

Keeping the 200 as a SIMPLE m.a., then gives the young lion vistas of insight into HERD movements by coupling with an EXPONENTIAL - and here too, the lion does not want a short-term exponential because wildebeest are quite jumpy on even the smallest and most insignificant stimuli.

What the young lion needs is to filter out these unimportant vibrations and settle on a 2-level setup that gauges the response of the w-beest at both the "carotid" AND "mesenteric" levels - hence the 50 and 144 emas concommitant and coterminus with the 144 & 200 smas

Whew!! :D :D

#45     Jul 28, 2010
  6. The plight of HERD members (traders) who by defintion have sold their souls to the "gurus" (moneymakers who feed on the poor) .....

(see the lines on Keith's face? May he live a long life! :) :D )

Well, when you're sitting there in your silk upholstered chair
    Talking to some rich folk that you know
    I hope you won't see me in my ragged company
    You know I could never be alone

And when you're sitting back in your long pink Cadillac
    Making bets on Kentucky Derby day
    I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon
    And another girl to take my pain away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-kjIfx1aQo

#46     Jul 28, 2010

7. What's in the bag, man?

(meaning, tell us what's in the Portfolio, Oh wise one!) :) :) :)

#47     Jul 28, 2010
  8. EWZ (Brazil), IWM (Russells), XME (miners), EFA (foreign stocks), and X (US Steel, the only stock I have). All should be up in pre-maket, thank you. :D

#48     Jul 29, 2010
  9. You know the funny part about ENRON. They faked CASH. How the f*** do you fake cash??? That scares me, you can't really trust anything.

When the coming collapse comes, we might see some ETF's go belly up. Thats my thinking. They are new and still unproven IMO.

#49     Jul 29, 2010
  10. EWZ, EFA, & IWM are iShares ETFs. They won't collapse.

#50     Jul 29, 2010