Are we no longer in a bearish trend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MoneyGod, Jul 13, 2010.

1. I was referring to the death cross that ocurred a few months back. 6/4/10 is not a few months back. Go back further. A death cross ocurred, then quickly turned back into a golden cross, then it went back to a death cross. Deadbroke is also a dummy.

#31     Jul 25, 2010
  2. The following chart is the 1 year chart of the Nikkei using exponential moving averages, 50 & 200 day. Some like Carl Swenlin of decisionpoint.com prefers the EMA instead of the SMA. Notice that on both instances when the 50 EMA crossed beneath the 200 EMA, that marked the bottom, afterwhich a rally ensued. The death cross late November '09 was a failure.
    [​IMG]

#32     Jul 25, 2010
  3. The next chart is the SPX using simple moving averages, 50 & 200 day. This death cross signaled the bottom, just like with the Nikkei.

[​IMG]

The big question is, will the 50 day stay underneath the 200 day, or will it be a failure. I believe the fundamentals will guide which direction the market will take.

• spx.jpg
      File size:
      174.9 KB
      Views:
    #33     Jul 25, 2010

4. :) :D :D

Taking this post and your next one with the chart of the Nikkei ....

your chart shows the 50 and 200 as exponentials

ALL my charts, regardless the instrument, the 200 m.a. is NEVER an exponential, ALWAYS an s.m.a.

Run your Nikkei chart again with the 50 e.m.a. and 200 s.m.a. and then re-read what I said.

So repeating, the DEATH CROSS occurred on 6-4-2010.

------------------------------

So here is what I use ...

50 ema

144 ema and 144 sma

200 sma

#34     Jul 25, 2010

5. Say what? :)

>>> The fundamentals will guide which direction the market will take? <<<<<

Then why bother with a chart? LOL :D :D

#35     Jul 25, 2010
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Whatever.

#36     Jul 25, 2010
  7. Some experts like Carl Swenlin of decisionpoint.com prefers EMA rather than the SMA. Look at you, you like to intermingle EMA and the SMA.

You can always find data to support what you want. The problem is, the general market won't necessarily go along with your viewpoint.

#37     Jul 25, 2010
  8. To be an effective trader / investor, you have to look at both technicals as well as fundamentals.

Duh !!

#38     Jul 25, 2010
  9. Its a play on words "getting lucky".

#39     Jul 25, 2010

10. Chart template has my moving average setup - all instruments therefore have the same m.a. setup. No need to fudge; the cross is or isn't there at a single glance. Simple.

#40     Jul 25, 2010