are we just making things complicated?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 13, 2002.

1. MUChris

MUChris

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but it seems that the people that participate the most on here know the least. To tell you the truth, I feel pissed at some of you guys for coming off like you know what you are doing.

For example, aphexcoil, he posted like 600 something times yet he said he never traded a share before?

He was telling GG to go trade, supposedly he's never traded before?? Or traded before but never really made any money?

Whats the deal, I'm not trying to put anyone down, it just seems like a lot of you guys talk way too big a game. Maybe your big # of posts is a security blanket that makes you feel better about a lack of profits??

I just think you guys who don't know what you're doing should n't shoot your mouths off about the nuances of this indicator or reading time and sales info like you know what the hell you are talking about. It confuses the rest of us.

MUChris

P.S. Sorry to make an example of you aphexcoil, but I needed a scapegoat and you definitely aren't the only one that does this, I'm not trying to pick on you, this was a rant about postings in general.

#51     Sep 16, 2002
  2. terrh

terrh

I have a system that never fails.If the price of the stock I'm watching goes up ( pick your own amount) I buy, if it goes down I sell.( go short).Use a stop loss that your comfortable with,don't get greedy and take what you get.No indicators, no ta, no bull.
    Just do it. With proper money management, in the long run you can't lose.
    I only day trade, no overnites.

its only money

#52     Sep 16, 2002
  3. x-or

x-or

I would have never dared to make a post like this because I thought that nobody would believe me. But I confess, I use the same system than yours :cool:

#53     Sep 16, 2002
  4. terrh

terrh

yeh we could mabey make more if we pushed it, but mabey not.If I want to gamble I'll go to vagas. At least the drinks are free and there lots of girls to look at.

its only money

#54     Sep 16, 2002
  5. If some of you people would bother to actually read someone's post, none of this mis-information would be floating around. My god, how many times do I have to say this? I have traded -- I've traded stocks, bonds, options -- I traded plenty of options in 99 and 2000 -- (can you understand that?).

The only thing I am "new" to is futures.

LEARN TO READ THE ENTIRE MESSAGE!

What good is learning if all you do is skim a book looking for things you WANT to read and ignoring the rest?

A lot of people on here are downright stubborn to the core. That must be a great trait when you trade, eh?

#55     Sep 16, 2002