Are we in the early stages of the next Ice age?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 19, 2008.

1. That's just cold, man.

#11     Dec 19, 2008
  2. George Bush's fault, no doubt.

#12     Dec 19, 2008
  3. There is no "global" anything. There are regional temperature shifts that occur from time to time. Even the most elementary research shows that this happens regularly.
    Global warming, climate change, whatever the fuck they're calling it now is a tool of the radical left in their attempt to cripple our country. Those who listen to them do so at their own peril.

#13     Dec 19, 2008
  4. #14     Dec 19, 2008
  5. Carbon dioxide is increasing crop yields, maybe the temp rise is coming from a lot of happy plants. I can hear them: "yeay, they finally are getting this atmosphere thing right". Wow, .31 degrees higher than average and tenth highest ever..... and how far back do measurements go... I'm not getting worked up about that, thank you very much. It's probably because I understand oh... statistics, engineering, math, thermodynamics, general science, all that shit that global warming religious people don't like........

Lots of the evidence is being debunked. Some of the seawater rise has been attributed to land masses sinking even, it's hilarious, the only real question is how long can the warming religious belief continue in the face of no proof.

#15     Dec 19, 2008
  6. "On record" being the operative phrase. How long is the record, 100-125 years they've been keeping records? All the rest is a guess. And .31C above is hardly anything to get hysterical about.

#16     Dec 19, 2008
  7. Boys,
    I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and it's freezing up here this year , and I mean really nasty lately. Our "normal" temperature for late December is 30 degrees F or -1 C. Today, it's about -15 F or -25 C, with a blistering wind chill to go with it --effective air temperature this morning was -38 C (about the same in F).

I keep praying for global warming!!!

#17     Dec 19, 2008
  8. if any you had real $ you'd be hugging the equator most of the year..

it's toasty down here in Costo Rica

every day is paradise

why are you freezing your azzes off??

:D

#18     Dec 20, 2008