are we in a recession?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by brokerboy, Oct 18, 2012.

did we start a recession?

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. yes but market will still go up

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. no

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. are we in a recession?

2. bonds

bonds

3. BSAM

BSAM

Are we in a recession?
    LOL
    No.
    We are in bankruptcy.
    But, we just don't "know it", yet.

4. The real question is.... are YOU?

i'm not.

Is Obama? Romney? No, they will make a minimum of 200k forever and not worry about money.

Do you really care about the country? As long as we can print money, there is no recession for many.

So, worried about the poor and middle class? If so, then get involved in politics.

This answer is meaningless, actually. yes or no as a blanket statement won't make the make really move tomorrow.

5. i don't want to argue something like that because i don't think it matters who is president right now. its going to be bad either way because you need pain before you can grow again. i would not trust Romney at all so i can only say i like the better of the 2 evils.

i am watching apple and google because i think they lead the market down. the numbers from google today are the big signs of trouble.

6. Agreed.

7. bonds

bonds

Well obviously the market doesnt think so... what are we down 8 points on the DOW today on those GOOG numbers and some pretty bad jobless claims after being up almost 300 the last 3 days.

"The market is always right."

8. bonds

bonds

No bankruptcy, we have a printing press. It's easy.

9. 007Arb

007Arb

If we are in a recession someone better tell the junk bond market, a market especially sensitive to recessions. The Merrill Lynch High Yield Master II Index, the proxy for junk bonds, made an all time historical high yesterday.

10. an economist might claim an economy don't know its in a recession until something major happens that shocks the stock markets. you are debating the stock market and i am talking economics. my point with goog is that its a major stock and a 60 point drop is a sign of problems ahead.

i like quotes too so i will use one from good fellas.
    "See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends"

#10     Oct 18, 2012