Are we headed for a much larger market crash than 08

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lasner, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Alex Jones???????!!!!!!!?????
    Oh man, anyone who believes a word from his piehole deserves to be parted from his money.
    Not that there would be any suspense about it, it'd happen anyway. A fool and his money will always be parted regardless, the only question is the timing.

#11     Sep 4, 2012
  2. there is one way. if ron paul somehow got elected and went through with his promise to cut a trillion dollars from the budget in one year. that would tank the us economy.
    he is really the only one crazy enough to do something like that. not worried about romney. he wants to increase spending.

#12     Sep 4, 2012
  3. lasner

lasner

It's not only him, it seems like it's everyone. You don't know who to believe. I'm actually 50/50.

I really think our country is doing great but just might be going through growing pains. Yeah we have huge debt at 16 trillion BUT our GDP is 16 trillion!! I have a chart of our GDP attached, look at it, it's huge.

We have high debt because we have huge growth. Granted, they've devalued the dollar and that could be adding to the growth.

But still you have huge industries that have exploded within our country that have added to great growth -- Healthcare, pharma, telecomm, technology -- computers, internet.

I mean look at the GDP in 1960, The U.S. was at 500 billion. Now we are at 15 -- 16 trillion. Unreal!

Our country will go through growing pains, probably another crash and a lot of volatility but I think it will set us up for prosperous times ahead.

#13     Sep 4, 2012
  4. for the last 4 years, all these tools who forgot to take their meds have come out with predictions like a great depression, hyperinflation, yada yada yada.

notice how they disappear a year later?

they should STFU.

#14     Sep 6, 2012
  5. Yes we are going down hard. PANIC:cool:

#15     Sep 6, 2012
  6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

forums and Goldman Sachs provide a priceless source for contrarian indicators :D

But don't worry, over the weekend Germany will invent something, they will put vetoes, the usual criminal nazi cr@p against Europe.
    Monday is another day .

#16     Sep 7, 2012
  7. Do you think they [the authorities and elites] will allow a crash just like that? Since 08, so many market mechanisms have been deployed and can be used to prevent such event. Are they crash proof? No. But at the very least they can devalue the currencies to pay the debts aka "soft landing" the markets and greatly dampen any natural boom bust cycle, though they cannot control it. The real damage will be the increase in inflation or prolonged stagflation: the hidden tax that everyone must pay (more so for the poor). Not necessary the best scenario for the trader I don't think but that might be the only non political suicide [though not blame free] way to handle it I'm afraid.

#17     Sep 10, 2012
  8. lasner

lasner

Are you serious, do you think they can control a crash??

#18     Sep 10, 2012
  9. Did you see the "No" in my post? Of course there are events that are beyond their control such as disasters, wars, trade disruptions etc...I'm only implying that they're trying to remove crashes from the equation as much as they can. I'll repeat again, they can't change the cycles but they can tinker with their severity with tools like interest rates, QE, and the like.

#19     Sep 10, 2012
  10. Alex Jones. Ughhh he's so painful to listen to. He's worse than a politician.

#20     Sep 10, 2012