Are we headed for a crash?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by heidegger, Aug 18, 2007.

Are we headed for a crash?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2007.
  1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

81 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. That, sir, is a very astute observation which I agree with. The only question, is the timing. I do find myself fighting the urge to buy treasuries myself, with the realization that I will undoubtedly lose sufficient purchasing power to inflation to regret my action long-term.

Not that there might not be a beauty of a rally in the bonds before that happens, though.

#51     Aug 19, 2007
  2. :(
    boy i hope there isn't a lot of this sort of thing on this site

#52     Aug 19, 2007
  3. Obviously, above remark not aimed at you, DrSteph

#53     Aug 19, 2007
  4. Dokker High-Diggah, you's bein' a on-to-low-gician an' all, ah be tinkin' mebbe yo' wants ta no whut de real coun' be heah. Ah knows hows menny be de alley-asses done voted "yas"! Yo' be askin' nice-like, mebbe ah be tellin'. An nes time, doan be so shua yo' be gittin' de strate dope on ET 'pinion in a pole!

#54     Aug 19, 2007
  5. Actually, I'm not Doctor Heidegger - he daid! He in de box! I'm his long-lost grandson, Hans. My dad, Heinrich, was born to Hanna Arendt and Gunther Stern in '34 but Gunther wasn't the father; my dad was a love child of Hanna and Dr. H. It's a long, complicated, completely untrue story, so I won't bore you with any more of it.

You suggest the voting isn't 100% legit. Are you suggesting that some ET people aren't completely, utterly honest? What next: Some politicians are dishonest? Some businesspersons are dishonest? Some lawyers? Look inside, and draw strength from that peaceful centre of your being; cast off these dark thoughts and walk in the light of the knowledge that we are all one with each other and with the universe.

By the way, I dropped out of school after failing grade 3 seven times so I don't know a lot about statistics, but shouldn't the ratio have held aroud 64/36 - where it was after 100 votes?

#55     Aug 19, 2007
  6. wouldn't say it's a statistical error on your part...

my guess is people voting today were coming off a day away from the market. Relaxation. A little perspective. People voting yesterday more likely to still be wearing some of it's recent emot. tone.

#56     Aug 19, 2007
  7. Bin you'd a watchin', you'da seed dat de sco' be thuttyfo' fo' an' twennyto agin yesd'y atternoon. Din all's a suddin, de yas gwines ter fittyto. (Dat be et-teen vote mo'.) Suspiricious like. Ah tinks et-teen a-lee-ass done skrewered de sadistics! Dass jist ma 'pinion. But hoo hear gots dat minny a-lee-ass? Dunno.

#57     Aug 19, 2007
  8. Cassandra! Welcome back.
    Missed you since the extraordinary delusions of ET thread.

#58     Aug 19, 2007
  9. Stuff it bakkin yo paints, whate boy! We be not impress wid whut de lacks uh yew annat jewboy Bercrakkie dun tooda 'conomy! Fo long alla y'alls gwine be partada cash 'conomy lack moi! Y'all be trine ta tekk ma spess onna stritt cornah way fum me ta sell appials!

#59     Aug 19, 2007
  10. Yes, Ma'am!

#60     Aug 19, 2007