Are US markets like oil,index, and commodity markets rigged

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brokenmarkets, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Bullshit, I could find dozens of former floor traders who would absolutely, 100% argue that markets can be and have been rigged numerous times in the past and present.

And you're probably going to tell us that a particular market has never been cornered either?

#31     Jan 7, 2011
  2. cvds16

cvds16

yeah, small time fish probably, not big traders, I have know a few of those when I was on the floor ...

#32     Jan 7, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Bubble ben bernanke did say that and thats why I dont comprehend why the foolish bulls don't get it. Its all being manipulated, all they do is pump the market higher with worthless dollars, it will only go so far.

#33     Jan 7, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Maybe it's because we are traders and not perma-bears like you are.

#34     Jan 7, 2011
  5. Actually, Uncle Ben by pushing down long-tern interest rates via QE, he was diverting funds into the bond market. Lower yields, higher prices, quick profits. Why buy stocks? Little risk in bonds, high risk in stocks.

When investors thought that inflation will go up due to more QE and bonds will go down they started selling bonds and into stocks. In reality, Uncle Ben was telling people to buy US bonds to finance the deficit, not to buy stocks.

#35     Jan 7, 2011
  6. when i mean rigged i'm referring to market makers and algorithms that control the market..
    market makers evil axis.. or some algorirthms knows everybody's positions and trades against them since trading is zero sum 'game' and daytrading is musical chairs...i mean there is no investor volume or not enough investor volume...fake volume

there is no need for market makers for liquid stocks or futures like ES or forex etc...whenever you have market makers that can move the market,,,it's rigged. it's controlled market. there is no free market. like frontrunning,,,they have these algorirthms that everytime a trader enters a trade a HFT front runs the trader...or algorithms running stops.... by shift the market...

guys at the trading desk are just order takers..the real stuff is behind closed doors...top secret.

#36     Jan 7, 2011
  7. which is why most pro traders don't trade directionally. if the game is rigged trading directionally is too risky.

#37     Jan 7, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Can you please explain that? In my opinion, if a market is rigged, it's bar none the easiest market to trade and make money. It's the lack of the market being rigged that actually makes markets hard to trade.

#38     Jan 7, 2011
  9. I admit to being an amateur at many things. But I'm usually pretty good at understanding the rules of a game, identifying its weaknesses and exploiting them. And I frequently beat professionals at their game, even when they cheat. It's especially gratifying when they are arrogant.

Whether I have been able to achieve this level of success in trading is still an open question. I think my results are statistically significant but have not been tested with enough variety of market conditions to say conclusively that I have a market-adjusting strategy. None-the-less, I'm somewhat proud of increasing my account by 64.6% in 155 calendar days with 59 closed trades.

I still trade while looking over my shoulder to try to avoid anything taking a large bite taking out of my ASSets.

#39     Jan 7, 2011
  10. Rigged games and unrigged games have weaknesses that can be exploited, just differently. Rigging can be obvious or hard to detect.

Why should the financial markets be materially different?

#40     Jan 7, 2011