Are US markets like oil,index, and commodity markets rigged

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brokenmarkets, Jan 6, 2011.

1. kashirin

kashirin

you were posting like crazy before than end 2008 and then stopped till fall 2009

had losses? and then recovered some? so you're basically can trade only when the market goes only straight up?

So you like those professional RE flippers right? Market is so exciting when it goes up and you feel like you're real professional trader and can teach others

I bet you will dissappear again if we have another downtrend

#21     Jan 7, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, just a busy guy. My posting comes and goes in spurts. I actually trade much better when markets go down as I'm a momentum trader. Momentum is much harder to find when the VIX is at 15. But I don't argue with price. Kashirin, I'm giving to give you some really good advice here. I'm serious now. Stop reading zero hedge. Stop reading blogs altogether. Stop trying to predict stuff. And just trade what's in front of you. Buy what's strong, sell what's weak. If you do that, I promise you, you will make money and all your conspiracy theories will go away. And you'll be a much happier guy.

#22     Jan 7, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

And yes, when the VIX is at 90, I don't have time to post on a message board. When the VIX is at 15, I do. There is a correlation.

#23     Jan 7, 2011
  4. It is rigged for sure.. always has been but more recently.. but only mental bias prevents profiting.. I don't recall Dow climbing in such a manner as December. Looks like one of those strange low volume Penny stocks..

#24     Jan 7, 2011
  5. cvds16

cvds16

it's obvious you never even went near a trading floor environment or an institutional desk, if you would have you would know better ...
    it's only amateurs that think things are rigged ...

#25     Jan 7, 2011
  6. I don't think it matters. Whatever the rules of the game governed by the big boys, the clever among us will find a way to take profits.

#26     Jan 7, 2011
  7. cvds16

cvds16

yes, it matters, you are an amateur talking big talk, while there are others here who have been professionals for years who know better ... it's just a myth all these rigging ...
    Listen to Maverick, he's telling you guys how to make money ...

#27     Jan 7, 2011
  8. Yes, it's def all rigged by the aliens (the extra-terrestrial type, that is).

#28     Jan 7, 2011
  9. Thinking Markets are rigged doesn't prevent one from trading well. Maybe "rigged" is the wrong term. "Rigged" means somehow you are at a disadvantage which no trader is as long as he/she are not biased.

#29     Jan 7, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here's the problem. Your system of beliefs has a direct correlation as to how you trade. If you "believe" the markets are rigged, it most certainly will affect your decision making. It's important, in my humble opinion, to keep as open a mind as possible.

#30     Jan 7, 2011