Are US citizens allowed to trade FX with foreign brokers?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by PlusMinus, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Upon further investigation, DukasCopy allows you to keep your funds in a segregated Swiss account, of which there are US banks that are registered as such. So that seems like an actually safer place than US brokers, which do not allow you to segregate your accounts (as I understand).

#11     Nov 23, 2009
  2. in Canada the CIPF is an industry sponsored fund that ensures client assets are
    returned if a broker becomes bankrupt, CIPF protection is $1 million per account
    the FSA has a £38k ? 'person of last resort' protection

#12     Nov 24, 2009
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

I have tried to get the pertinent information regarding these segregated accounts from Dukas but they have NEVER come thru with the info. Unless someone can verify the use of these accounts I can only assume it is false info to give you the impression of their upstanding business-like operation. And based on their list of operational staff, I would need that option if I were to trade with them. (BTW - Have you ever seen these guys on CNBC Europe? Some of them come across as lounge lizards.)

#13     Nov 24, 2009
  4. Interesting, thanks for the viewpoint. Who do you trade with if you don't mind me asking?

#14     Nov 24, 2009