Are Troubles With Greece Actually Good For US?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by shortie, Apr 26, 2010.

Greek Troubles Actually Good For US?

1. Yes Weak Greece = Weak EU = Weak US Competitor

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Yes, UNLESS Greece Defaults

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No, Any Financial troubles with a EU country is BAD for US

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. the market reaction to Greece news does not make a lot of sense. on the one hand, US market dropped a lot in Feb seemingly in response to Greek trouble. on the other hand, Greece is still in trouble as far as I can tell except that the crisis has been postponed with the loans - yet US market is moving higher with ANY Greek headline.

Could weak Greece (implying weak EU) be actually good for US because in the end EU is a competitor to US in the global economy?

2. Do you get these ideas in your dreams?

3. they mainly pop up in my head during the day. and i have a lot of them :D :(

4. Good question.

I was having a similar tought for quite some time now.

Say all the people on one of the continents die overnight due to some virus.

No more Chinese, Europeans or Americans.

Would it be good for those remaining?

Oil would probably crash to I don't know 5$ a barrel or so (especially if it are Americans that vanish) which would be good no? Free energy.

On the other hand...would it not kill other parts of the world with it?

Who is going to buy all the Chinese plastic?

5. could be used for caskets

6. i find it strange how a US credit rating agency downgrades several countries and yield on those country bonds skyrocket. not only the credit agencies are biased because they are located in a different country, their ratings are nothing more than a lagging indicator.

7. ptrjon

ptrjon

8. People say USD needs to be lower to stimulate exports.

They said that with a USD index at 75.

9. bgp

bgp

IS SPENDING MONEY WE DONT HAVE GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY????? WTF , WTF , WTF!!!!!:mad: :mad: IS DRINKING PURPLE COOLAID GOOD FOR YOU ?????:confused: :confused:

10. ajcrshr

ajcrshr