Are trading rules subject to copyrights

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DanfrmNY, Apr 29, 2011.

1. DanfrmNY

DanfrmNY

The ones i am going to use and quote are long gone..

#11     Apr 29, 2011
  2. you must be a dumb newbie.

If anyone is worried about copyright, trading is the last place he should look into.

If anyone claims he has copyright for any, I mean, any trading rule, he may have to be legally responsible for the millions of losers who used that rule. I don't think anyone is so stupid as to to be responsible for the losses of those who followed this rule: "buy the dip," (damn, it dipped even further) or "short the resistance," (damn, that's not resistance, that's consolidation and support) or "fade the morning gap up." (damn, it gaps higher, who the fuck told me to fade the gap up?)

Just imagine the thousands of lawsuits that will be slapped on this guy who claims copyright for any of the rules.

note: Let me give you a rule, no copyright: "buy high, sell higher"

If you buy high, and it drops, I am not responsible.

#12     Apr 29, 2011
  3. jokepie

jokepie

I believe the copyrights are for Reproduction, translation, or distribution of the text. I think the OP wants to know if they apply to things such as trading rules.

My guess is that they do if the material is in text and published with the copyright remarks. And off course have to be unique in itself.

But i understand ur thoughts.

#13     Apr 29, 2011
  4. There are no rules. Winner takes all.

#14     Apr 29, 2011
  5. DanfrmNY

DanfrmNY

Does any one else have thier website that I can take a look at ?

#15     May 2, 2011
  6. DanfrmNY

DanfrmNY

No One..?

#16     May 2, 2011
  7. For commercial purposes you do need permission.

Why don't you read inside any book cover. "No part of this book should be reproduced...etc"

The same holds for websites. It is called IP.

If you make money people you copied may go hard after you.

#17     May 2, 2011
  8. DanfrmNY

DanfrmNY

So, In case i have some good material/ methedology that is based purely on my experience and observation, how do I get the copyright. Or is it by default, as i publish them first on my website belong to me ? Or do i need to file for copyrights/ patents etc.

Sorry if i am not in the right section of blog.

#18     May 3, 2011