Are Traders Ethical

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 31, 2002.

1. lol!

#21     Aug 31, 2002
  2. ChrisM

ChrisM

I just can`t believe this. I always thought that such opinions I can get only hear in my old country (Poland), where people steal from each other and always think that they deserve something from others, or maybe somewhere else, where civilization has still a lot do to.
    So, who is ethical in modern capitalism ? Big corporate leaders spending nights and days thinking how to cook the books and not being caught ? They are people of success, teaching others what to do and how to be useful for the society, but only independent mind can see, that most of them are little people with very mediocre personality. Better slaves of the system, treating lower slaves like a trash.
    Who else then ? Politicians ? Yeah, forget it :)
    Lawyers ? Even better joke, isn`t it ? Doctors ? Maybe old fashioned style, if some still survived, the others are just medical business reps :mad:
    We can go with this much further, but can You see where the difference is ?
    Traders have no unions, association, they don`t corrupt anybody, they do not use kids in third world countries to work for them, they don`t kill anybody, they don`t sell drugs, and finally ... they don`t make money on someonethe, who got the cancer. That`s why they are easy targets.
    If we want to find hard working class people, which are ethical, hopefully not from advertisement, marketing or sales ???? Because anybody trying to be ethical in these fields wouldn`t keep his job for long.
    As professional trader I feel frankly more ethical, then when I worked for the big companies which forced me to be an animal to others.
    Take closer look around and better find someone other to blame for the world, as it is.

#22     Aug 31, 2002
  3. Atlantic

Atlantic

absolutely !

#23     Aug 31, 2002
  4. Agree!

I cannot think of any profession that doesn't have some one doing some bad things to the society. Even the doctors, many of them only want to make more money from you or the insurance companies.

#24     Aug 31, 2002
  5. Adonias

Adonias

#25     Aug 31, 2002
  6. Traders are gamblers. Is gambling ethical? This is a very old question and should not need any more arguments. What does the Bible say about gambling?

#26     Aug 31, 2002
  7. false assumption. real traders aren't gamblers. but you may not know what a real trader is.

#27     Aug 31, 2002
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM

...of democracy is exactly trading. Because of very limited opportunity of using dirty tricks in killing competition.

#28     Aug 31, 2002
  9. I'm a Christian and I've always had a passion for trading (ever since I was 12 and I saw my father trading ag futures!). I used to feel guilty or that I was greedy until I realized that money is amoral...its what you do with it. If trading is just unto getting more and more for yourself, that's wrecked and you will never be satisfied. If you have great wealth (which most of us don't--yet!), it is a great responsibility. We're all connected to each other...if you know you have the means to help others and refuse to, you place judgement on yourself. I have NO problem stealing from the rich (wall street) to give to the poor!

Darryl

#29     Aug 31, 2002
  10. You have got to be kidding ...

#30     Aug 31, 2002