Are Traders Ethical

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Gordon, it's not wise to knock it if you haven't read it and at least attempted to understand it, and I suspect you want to be wise.

#11     Aug 31, 2002
  2. Huios

Huios

From what I've heard, back in the old days (I hate that phrase), before the electronic markets and global technology, trades were done on a nod, and a handshake. If you welched on a trade, word got around, and there was nobody who would take the other side. Back then your word was your bond. Sorry to say, that is the exception, rather than the rule. Not just in trading, but in every aspect of every business.

Ethical? How can you determine ethical when we as a culture have gotten away from absolutes.

There was a time when people would go into business to provide a service and to fill a need, and make a living while doing it. Now the word service is over used and under delivered.

I don't agree with everything Objectivity embraces, but I do love that quote.

Remember, the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, not the money itself. I Tim. 6:10

H

#12     Aug 31, 2002
  3. I submit that it's the responsibility of every man to assess whether his actions are in agreement with a conscience informed by Truth.

#13     Aug 31, 2002
  4. Gordon Gekko wrote: >i'd still trade if the bible flat out condemned it. f the bible..<

You're such white trash

#14     Aug 31, 2002
  5. chasinfla,

although i do generally believe the things i have said, i am deliberately overreacting to get responses out of people. i am not as big of a jerk as i appear. hehe

#15     Aug 31, 2002
  6. haha!

would the bible approve of your insults? uh oh! you have now sinned!

#16     Aug 31, 2002
  7. <font size=1>--- Jeffery K. Salkin, <i>Being God's Partner</i></font>.

Traders, to the extent that their activities bring about the efficient allocation of goods and services, provide depth and liquidity to free markets, bringing order to the chaos of numbers which facilitate the economies that feed, cloth, house, and occupy civilization.

What an awesome privilege.

#17     Aug 31, 2002
  8. May I interject? No, it would not approve. And, we have ALL sinned. <font size=1>That's why we need a Saviour.</font>

#18     Aug 31, 2002
  9. I don't think you're a jerk GG. And if anyone here is white trash, I am. At least, I have been.

#19     Aug 31, 2002
  10. I apologize for the comment, mr. Gekko. Please forgive me.

sincerely,
    BOLT

#20     Aug 31, 2002