Are top investors' brains wired for wealth?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aphexcoil, Jan 10, 2003.

1. I'm still thinking about the trailer.

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

That is an interesting link.

I don't know if anyone else finds that the more they trade the less time they devote to reading and/or listening to gurus. I used to read all the magazines and the wsj, ibd, etc. Now I skim and still have a few shows I like, but would rather just look at my charts and skip the news.

On the psychological side, it is tough as hell to just sit on your hands. Right now, I can't help but thinking I wish I was longer. And two months ago I wished I owned nothing and wanted to be short.

Guess that is why it's called money.

3. links

links Guest

Dr. Huettel has done some interesting work.

http://www.biac.duke.edu/people/faculty/huettel.asp

I wonder if there is a way to rewire our brains to help us trade better??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drs. Berns and Montague think their work may provide a better understanding of addictive diseases and human decision making disorders.

"We believe that the new findings may help clarify the pathways involved in addiction to drugs such as heroin and cocaine, which are known to disrupt the normal function of the nucleus accumbens," Dr. Montague said. "Other addictive disorders such as gambling also appear to influence this same brain pathway."