Are those who oppose outsourcing racist?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ash1972, Jan 26, 2011.

1. We helped them more than we should have.... shooting ourselves in the foot in the process.

However, Chindia's economic rise was inevitable.

#31     Jan 26, 2011
  2. jjf

jjf

But who will you fight.
    US gov. and US Corps are trucking the work offshore as we speak.

Who will you fight and how will you fight.

#32     Jan 26, 2011
  3. They constitute 40% of humanity by population and their economies are growing relentlessly.

Ceteris paribus, by 2040 or so, the USA will be supplanted by them as the pre-eminent global economy. If they decide to have a free trade zone, the USA will be truly buried.

#33     Jan 26, 2011
  4. 30 Million unemployed Americans won't be all that pleased.

#34     Jan 26, 2011
  5. #35     Jan 26, 2011
  6. No, we are finally being Nationalist. How can I be racist when I stand for the rights of citizens and legal aliens regardless of race?

#36     Jan 26, 2011
  7. This is an important point. China, and the other developing economies in question, are growing without intentional restraint. When I studied economics in the '80s, it was explained that the world is finite, and that the western economies wanted modest limited growth for the foreseeable future. That is why this current mode can be viewed as economic warfare. It is a grab/race to consume/control the resources.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limits_to_Growth.

#37     Jan 26, 2011
  8. Well, they'd better go out there and get a better education, improve their willingness to work harder and put themselves in a position to compete.

Otherwise they will rot, and they will deserve to.

The world is not America.

China and India are behaving like true capitalists and they deserve to succeed. If the USA can't compete, it deserves to sink into the abyss.

America believes in capitalism, so should welcome the success those who will ultimately completely defeat it using the tools of capitalism.

#38     Jan 26, 2011
  9. =============
    No not racist any more than Rep Rangel[D,NY] calling those favoring lower taxes ''racist'' And after his his ehics rebuke, on not paying taxes.... Dont think he is automatically a racist, just a liar.....
    :D

Even if 80% outsource for financial reasons;,
    frankly , not to sterotype people;
    but most Philippinos seem to give better phone/customer service than North Americanos:D

Ash1972 ;
    been a North Americano all my life.
    :cool:

#40     Jan 26, 2011