Are these Systems really that good?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by MISSSNP, May 16, 2004.

1. vleaps

vleaps

Perhaps people sell systems that end up working out. I don't know what aberration is and I haven't looked at it, but my guess is that it had a drawdown somehere along the line that would wipe most of its traders out. So even if it was profitable over a 10 year period, it was basically not workable. Not to mention possible slippage and accuracy of results issues. Further, it may have had most of its profits during that 1999-2001 period. I, like many, designed systems that were incredible during that run, but are less than worthless now.

But, maybe I'm wrong and I should start trading aberration immediately.

#21     May 17, 2004
  2. Aberration is a long term system that has a record since the early 1990's I believe. Check out Futures Truth Magazine.

http://www.trade-system.com/

Daytrading systems tend to lose their edge after a few years usually (at least the ones I've seen do), especially S&P systems. The long term ones typically do better over time.

#22     May 17, 2004
  3. It's easy to understand why someone would sell some of their less optimal systems. I'd certainly be happy to sell a few hundred copies for say $1000 a piece if there wasn't the risk of lawsuits.

In the end, it's just not worth the hazzle and risk unless you have a good marketing machine, as for instance Larry Wiliams or Joe Krutzinger.

#23     May 17, 2004
  4. vleaps

vleaps

Yes, I'm tending to agree with this. However, a few years of profitability is all I need in a daytrading system. The long term systems risk both money and time. You need to wait so long to figure out it's not working anymore. This game hurts my head.

#24     May 17, 2004
  5. OnGoing

OnGoing

I just LOVE your post...

#25     May 17, 2004
  6. Have you bought a copy of Aberration and traded it?

#26     May 17, 2004
  7. LOL. He wasnt trading it on the world market last year.

#27     May 18, 2004
  8. How could it be possible to have both the disclosure (in Full?) and guarantee (in Full?)?

Q
    I-Master is a fully disclosed system. All aspects of the system are disclosed, and the manual details the rationale for the program logic. You will know exactly what you are trading, and why it is in each trade.
    UQ

Q
    If you've bought systems before, you know that advertising promises were not always true. The guarantee that comes with this system is that if the marketing material is not true, in any way, you can have your money back. When you buy a system, you are buying past performance in the expectation that future performance will, on average, be the same. I-Master's past performance is fairly documented; that is the guarantee.
    UQ
    http://www.trade-system.com/imaster.html
    :confused:

#28     May 19, 2004