Are these Systems really that good?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by MISSSNP, May 16, 2004.

1. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

2. At the bottom read the fine print.....

CFTC Disclaimer: "HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT ACTUALLY BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER- OR OVER-COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN."

If it truly was so good I will bet that they would be trading it and not selling it.

3. jrkob

jrkob

Hey guys take a look at the first sentence of the diz:

"It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable"

LOL !

4. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

this disclosure is present in every aspect of solicitation by any
    "professional" in the industry, it's customarily required, by the
    cftc/nfa. Ignore it. Does anyone have these systems?

5. PCanyon

PCanyon

75% winning trades and 2.63 Avg/Win to lose ratio?

What a crock.

Pretty damn noble of them to be selling such a robust cash machine.

If those systems perform anywhere near those numbers, they could manage as much money as they wanted and make a hell of a lot more than selling ultra curve fitted systems.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

There is a point some of the respondents have made you seem to be ignoring so at the risk of being redundant I'm going to repeat it.

ANY time you see ANY system for sale you should be asking yourself : "If the system is as good as the marketer says it is WHY ARE THEY SELLING IT?"

Although there may be some rare exceptions most people selling systems make their money by selling systems, not from trading.

If you had a system that actually produced consistent profits over a protracted period of time would you sell it?

Not if your smart.

7. jrkob

jrkob

Or not if for some reasons you can't trade it yourself.

8. What reason could there be for not being able to execute trades on a profitable system (or have a broker do it for you)? Religious restrictions? No arms or legs? No money? What?

9. AC3

AC3

That is taken str8 from the CFTC website....... at the end of the day I wud post it w/ the smae disclaimer.........

10. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    MISSNP;

I titled my news arlicle here off what i thought was at first glance an
    accurate
    description of a blue moving average;
    actually it is a quote from the las Vegas police leadership.:cool:

In order to avoid the multitude of snake oil systems however
    might like to study a team that actually likes to scientific study systems;

The Ultimate Trading Guide
    by John Hill
    George Pruitt
    Lundy Hill