Are these realistic results?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jmhunter, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jmhunter

jmhunter

I'm trying to listen to those that have done.. and hear about everyone's experience.

#31     Oct 20, 2011
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It is so very easy for you to trade one contract of real money for one day to get started in determining if your simulated results can then be realistically duplicated...it takes just one day. In addition, the question you must ask yourself or have probably already have...why am I so hesitant in determining if I can do this with real money on my own while preferring to use the opinions of anonymous forum members.

Nike - Just Do It.

#32     Oct 20, 2011
  3. jmhunter

jmhunter

Im still getting amazing results... I had a one day $400 loss (caused by trading cost).. anyhowim just tring to figure out how or why real life trading would be different... its a zero sum game, so who is losing

#33     Nov 1, 2011
  4. You r not winning yet.

#34     Nov 8, 2011
  5. Just saw this thread and wanted to share my own experience.
    I started day trading with no experience and a $37,000 account I had swing traded from $14,000.
    I was averaging about $3k per day and I would just pick stocks that had dropped and use all my margin buy/sell buy sell. No one told me I could fail and I didn't for a long time. Then one day I was on IRC, the daytraders room, and someone had mentioned having a string of losses. and that was when the fear started and over the course of 2 weeks my trades went from 3 to 4K per day down to $200 daily profit.

Anything is possible, it's up to you.

#35     Nov 11, 2011
  6. Real money is not the same as paper money it all depends how confident you are puling the trigger when you pout real money on the table.

#36     Nov 11, 2011
  7. jmhunter

jmhunter

That is very powerful.. Thank you for sharing..I notice that my confidence changes sometimes with outside interference....

#37     Nov 12, 2011
  8. It isn't surreal if you are an experienced and skilled trader with the correct mindset ,risk and money management,discipline and great set up/system/method of trading.The negative voices have not done it.

The right set ups for scalping appear many times a day.Try it on a realistic demo for three months.

What do you trade?

#38     Nov 12, 2011