Are these rates any good???

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bbuff10, Dec 16, 2003.

1. They couldn'y pay their bills, because their fees were much
    higher than what stated here by first post.

#51     Dec 18, 2003
  2. lescor

lescor

Why do so many people assume this is the case with prop trading firms? Most of the bigger ones I know of don't retain any of the trader's profits, and do any firms actually pressure their guys to trade more volume than they should? If so that's ludicrous.

I have great rates at Assent, keep 100% of my profits, trade as much or little volume as I like, and didn't put up much capital at all.

#52     Dec 18, 2003
  3. most prop firms are paying out near 100% and offering deals that most of you might think is "ridiculous".

same time, i would imagine that any prop firm does more volume than etrade, datek, or any other "retail" co. imho.

#53     Dec 18, 2003
  4. you guys are something.

This deal sounds great. If its coming from Dmitry, that is ok. I dont know the guy, but since he is from ECho, then you shouldnt worry about that small deposit. A couple f years ago the going deal was that you would pay around penny per share. i think that was very reasonable back then and still is. Too many loosers think that that is to high. If you want to survieve in this business, cheap commissions are not going to keep u in the game. Only your strategies. Plain simple. You should be thankful that capital deposit is not 20k, like it used to be.

#54     Dec 19, 2003
  5. Agreed. But it can make you more money, and easier to scal in
    and out. Imagine you trading 200-500k shares a monthe, and
    differnet between retail and prop is around "half a penny" and
    that you will save at least between $1000 to $2500 per
    month just on your commision and on the other hand less
    loses because of flexiblity for better "position sizing" by
    scaling in and out.

#55     Dec 19, 2003