Are these rates any good???

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bbuff10, Dec 16, 2003.

1. xbrxx

xbrxx

If that deal is true, someone PM that firms name!! I already have the 5k check written out!! lol. Anyways, how is this deal possible. What firm in the world would offer 1:60 leverage? A 50 dollar stock tanks 80 cents and your completely wiped out! Seems like a lot of risk the firm is taking.

xbrxx

#31     Dec 16, 2003
  2. my experience is that these deals are typically offered to experienced prop traders with track records, not to newbies.

#32     Dec 16, 2003
  3. Lights, Do you know any offer like this for non-licensed
    traders?
    I am ready to put up $5K capital and don't need more
    than 5- 10 times leverage with "NO-MINIMUM" per trade?

#33     Dec 16, 2003
  4. well as most of you probably know, i think if you are non-licensed, you are considered retail and subject to 4:1 daytrading margin. i know of no retail firms offering 10 times leverage.

off topic here, but i always wondered what it was about the series 7 that allowed props to give their traders millions in leverage and 100% payouts with just $5000-$25000 capital.. and it's not like the 7 is like the mcats or anything, one can study and pass it in a few weeks.

#34     Dec 16, 2003
  5. The are Sub-LLC traders account that also pay up $5k
    and and get 5-20 times levearge. But the fees and
    other charges are not as good as what licensed trader
    gets.

#35     Dec 16, 2003
  6. lescor

lescor

The series 7 license has nothing to do with trading. I think the regulators wanted to give some kind of legitmacy to prop traders and basically said "here's a license that's kind of about the financial markets, get this one". Just a red tape thing, doesn't mean anything once you have it.

#36     Dec 16, 2003
  7. If i am living outside US and can't travel to US due to some
    Visa restriction, are the ways or places regulated by US for
    foreigners to apply for exame outside the US? Any website
    on this question?

#37     Dec 16, 2003
  8. right, so the only difference between a guy getting 10 million in leverage with 5,000 cap and a retail guy getting 20,000 buying power is that one decided to study a few weeks to obtain this silly license.

#38     Dec 16, 2003
  9. So here wo go again. Another "blow your mind" prop trading deal. When asked to have the firm PMed you will never get a reply. Another bunch of b.s. if you ask me. Par for the course around this site with most people here not liquid for any cash and unable to trade on their own money. All looking for the hand me outs from these fantasy deals that dont exist. I'm not interested in the name of the firm this guy claims is offering this deal, however, I am curious if anybody here was able to get the name of the firm privately from him. All you need to do is say yes. I'm sure the answer will be no.

#39     Dec 16, 2003
  10. I'm sure someone will get a PM! How else is bbfuf10 going to recruit!! LOL

#40     Dec 16, 2003