Are these possible?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by billp, Jun 17, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Baron,

Are these possible or can they be implemented? Thanks

I use the search function a lot and have some requests which will help eliminate much time and frustration when searching for info.

1) Can I search for a particular keyword in 'all forums except chit chat'.

This is because many times the information I want can be in many different forums and if I just search for 'all forums', there is much more unnecessary things to sieve through

2) search for a phrase eg: 'tape reading'. I just want posts where the 2 words appear side by side.

I do not want posts where only 'tape' appear or only 'reading' appear' or tape and reading appear but they are not meant as 1 phrase. I just want to see post where 'tape reading' as 1 phrase appear

3) search for a thread title. The title must match exactly the words that I type (after I choose 'search titles only'). This will facilitate a lot the threads that we want to find (Currently I save the thread titles that I find useful in Excel)

Finally just to say thank you for this site. A lot of useful materials here

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Not currently.

Proper phrase searching is on the way. I was just working on that this weekend.

Basically this is the same question as #2, which is phrase searching but with the twist of it also being available for searching thread titles too. I will see if I can make it work. Thanks for the suggestions!

3. billp

billp