Are there such a thing as TOO MANY monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Momento, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Momento

Momento

After getting my third monitor on the trading desk, i have found myself becoming increasing dependent on MORE and MORE monitors... Just wondering, are most of you guys using 2 or more monitors? (not including the TV of course.)

2. I'd say 18 is about a reasonable upper limit. use a good sunscreen:D

3. Momento

Momento

:D :D

4. qdz2

qdz2

4x4. All wheel drive.

:p

5. I use a desktop computer with 3 monitors for trading and a laptop for internet and e-mail.

6. Two I think is more then enough.

7. Momento

Momento

How do you split 3 monitors from one computer? If i know how to do this, i am probably getting one more :D

8. All I need is CNBC for quotes and a telephone for the orders.

9. On a more serious note, I personally found that for my style of trading (mostly scalping) receiving too much information can be negative. So I'm fine using only 2 monitors.

-------

Looking on internet for trading station setups I found this link with Nitro's setup from a couple of years ago.

http://www.daytradingstocks.com/tradestations/nitro1.jpg

hope he doesn't mind me putting it here. I think it might be a good idea if you guys shared pictures of your setups.

10. lescor

lescor

It totally depends on your trading style. I have 7 plus a laptop and could easily accomodate one or two more. I trade sectors and like to have a few charts from several of them up at once. It just makes it easy to scan them and spot moves just taking shape. Once in a while I might be focused on scalping one spread, in which case I only need 1/4 of one monitor.

I also run filters and like to have a lot of level two boxes and time and sales open at once. There's no way to watch it all at once, but it saves time when I have to switch focus quickly if the info is already up and I just have to move my eyes. While other guys are calling up charts and quotes, I'm already in.

Here's some pics of my setup

www.geocities.com/lescor_1

#10     Jan 20, 2003