Are there indicators that help spot breakouts?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crgarcia, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hmmmmmm interesting..... if its an easy read than i'll check it out.

dont forget my head hurts if i have to read big words

#41     Jul 27, 2008
  2. jack, am sorry but its true. I'm mean ever since she started that thread..... well..... well you just haven't been the same.

You seem threaten by that new thread that is taking away viewership from your "interactive retirement" thread.

I understand how you feel.....:(

dont let it get you down..... hey you're never too old to learn something new!:)

#42     Jul 27, 2008
  3. <i>"Or DMI+/- ...These will both alert to low(or lower) than normal volty for the issue. A decline in volty will 99% of the time precede a breakout.</i>

Larry Williams did some work labeled "pinch and paunch" using DMI contraction / expansion. Back around 2002 when I saw it. Concept is ebb & flow of volatility, predicted by the indicator's contraction and expansion. Probably similar to the "squeeze" indicators plucked from T&S public forum and sold to public.

Indicators can be predictive... they don't all lag.

#43     Jul 27, 2008
  4. I never post there as you may know.

Occassionally my name comes up in a derrogatory sense; that is par for price action traders. They feel I am kinda screwed up and can't make the money I mention occassionally.

I think susanaDT was verey straight forward in why she said she dropped all kinds of trading approaches (all are profitable, I believe)

#44     Jul 27, 2008
  5. you are repeating yourself.

#45     Jul 27, 2008
  6. Redo the Connors-Hayward volatility compression by normalizing it so you have a neutral bias.

[​IMG]

You can see in the lower right the stretch squeeze window shows the compression into the "noise band" and that signal tells you to knock off the turn as the VE (Volatiity expansion)begins with the four black bars. You can see the "long" trade showing up on all the rest of the seven leading indicators on that part of the display. The normizing of the C-H is what makes the bar color give you the direction vector as the bar forms in the "noise band" and before it shifts up to signal long by the shifting (use it as a confirmation).

#46     Jul 27, 2008
  7. ehorn

ehorn

lol. Don't be too hard on lilduckling Jack. Just take a moment and read up on how to care for em better.

They say it is fairly easy, but there are a few dangers to be aware of...

#47     Jul 27, 2008
  8. Jack you used to be a salesman right?

Have you ever seen the movie Glengarry GlenRoss??

You remind me of "the machine"

#48     Jul 27, 2008
  9. Ducks are fun we used to range them when I lived in Bucks County, PA. We lived in a Mennonite comunity and the kids got to learn what farming and nature was all about. thats where the kids grew up, mostly. Greenwich and Switzerland before we settled in.

sometimes in the winter after plowing, the darn ducks would get caught by cars whyen they couldn't paddle over the snow banks.

It was always fun when they returned with the ducklings in the spring after they camped out in the woods for nesting.

We had some geese and they kept the dogs and cats away from the ducks. Our great Pyrennes was no exception.

So long ago......

#49     Jul 27, 2008
  10. ehorn

ehorn

I have found memories of ducks as well. When my newly wed wife and I bought our first house (it was definatley a fixer-upper) I was mowing the very overgrown grass and found a ducks nest in a weed bed (was supposed to be a flower bed I think) :). The father duck ran out of the nest making all kinds of racket to keep me away from the mother and nest. He ran out screaming and honking about 20 yards away and played dead. I left the nest alone until the family (3 healthy ducklings) left. But every year after that Mom and Dad would return looking for there summer home (which had since been mowed down) :)

#50     Jul 27, 2008