Are there indicators that help spot breakouts?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crgarcia, Jul 27, 2008.

1. lol... thats Jacks...."keep it simple stupid" method

I wanna personally thank Jack for bringing so much laughter into my life.......Thank you Jack!!!!

#31     Jul 27, 2008
  2. ehorn

ehorn

NEVER! :)

This sounds like Indiana Jones stuff :) Pretty cool!

They are fascinating to read about.

Amen to that. My daughter is reading at a third grade level and she is 4 years old... Drills...

In fact, it is about that time for some more reading drills with her before bedtime.

Thanks again for making and sharing drills for trading!

Have a great evening Jack.

#32     Jul 27, 2008
  3. So I charter airplanes and me 7 year old barfs in my Panama on the way back a cross a rough ride over the channel to Cosumel. The pilot has a week's charter and the others who have there own planes fly along too and we plan more fun in the evening at diner.

So far you cannot recognize the sequences in timing. Did you notice that the stock at the top of the sheet was probably sold. Well it was and the friday before the monday shown that stock made over 10% in the middle day of the hold.

In that year, NTRS was traded 4 times for 30 % ave rage net per cycle. they were all three day trades that overlaped on the front and back with other trades. Call it 12 days of the year, anyways. that is just a 289% return for those four trades. the other 238 days of the year were used to trade unusual volume and do what you see on the list every day.

Your humor is great and it serves a purpose for you. At some point you may recognize that your pivot point thinking is misswired and you now, at this point cannot do complex operations like reading a long post and snipping it to make a comment in reply... Your reason for not being able to do this is ststed by you. There is a chance that what you said came out of your mind. Don't spend any time thinking about it, please; there is no longer value in reading my posts. How could there be???

I am talking about entries and exits at bottoms and tops. You are way past that, as you say...... You are now just looking at nothing that makes money. Did you know that a pivot is half way through the timing of a good trade??? Probably not.....

#33     Jul 27, 2008
  4. My current method is swing trading...... as far as pivots and timing..... click on the link below and look at the top of the thread and pull up a chart of when i made this trade.

You will see it was BEFORE the pivot, and i made a a very good coin that you only wish you had the ability to do.

two words for you Jack,

hoveround and ensure

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1754935#post1754935

#34     Jul 27, 2008
  5. All of what I say is going to continue to pass you by. you can't read it; you can't think critically any more.. It's gone. Just do the jokes and let it go.

#35     Jul 27, 2008
  6. jack..... ever consider that not everyone trades like you but still makes money................. or do you think your way is the only way?

heres another link...... if you want i have several more that were home run trades
    ..... not baby snipits points like yours......

all BEFORE the fact.....

Jack keep on posting how i dont know anything...... i love reading your posts!!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=799694&highlight=lxk#post799694
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=800348&highlight=lxk#post800348

:) :)

#36     Jul 27, 2008
  7. I clicked and didn't pull up a chart to see your trade. Do you remember what you traded (DOW is hard to trade) that part wasn't mentioned.

Your two posts 12/21 and 1/18 were widely separated and the DOW was mentioned in the second one.

[​IMG]

I slipped this baby in at New Years. The 17MAR08 marked the low of the first leg as you see. From a long term viewpoint (2008 for example) I posted 7 legs through the year.

Enjoy. trading is done with frequent profit taking. Tools make it happen to get timing.

Stick with the humor from here on out.

#37     Jul 27, 2008
  8. well, if im not busy with the markets..

I promise to keep with the humor IF you promise to keep on posting.

#38     Jul 27, 2008
  9. I'm dumb I didn't see the exit. My stuff is trite I'm sure. Trading NTRS for 3 days to make 30% each of four times is nothing.

When you read the "Putting the Pieces Together" did you catch that four streams of capital were being trading and they involved 12 different stocks that day??? The trading is in bold print along with the illustrations of the unusual volume lists. LOL....

There are many many ways to make money in the markets. Your "my way or the highway" comment is from your mind not mine. some people do 6% a year others do 20% a year. financial planners sometimes beat the averages. Look at the HF this year, they aren't losing as much as the indexes.

I like to roll along in stocks at 3% a day and do 100 turns a year with each capital stream. Sort of the middle ground. Slush money I do as front running gaps cause it makes more than your short in a day. (I never found the exit, however)

For the ES, 20 to 40 trades extracts what is offered each day. the crayola test shows what I mean. Its there so I take it by using the binary MODE and Sentiment indicators. there are only four possible conditions in a MADA pass of the routine so little think ing is required. It turns out to be just sports memory in the end when you are practised and in the groove. I usually run 5 to 10 minutes ahead of the market in filling out the log. C's and X's and L's and S's.

#39     Jul 27, 2008
  10. Jack, SusanaDT is serving notice to the likes of you and others who, in her elitist opinion, are still in kindergarten using indicators.

#40     Jul 27, 2008