Are there indicators that help spot breakouts?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crgarcia, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Overall, an exceptional post Steve.

I've selected the above paragraph to highlight a portion of it. I have found the above listed criteria for correctly determining breakouts to be correct by own research and analysis ... it's good to have confirmation from other traders and to know that we are all observing the same phenomena. I have no doubt the other posters also found this to be true in their research, which is why they commented on the post.

Regards

#131     Aug 3, 2008
  2. Do you know for sure that volume displayed at certain bar is not a volume from the previous bar ? I always had a feeling that volume is delayed. I look at volume just to see how many contracts is on open and then relative to open during the trading session.

#132     Aug 5, 2008
  3. tiger_6

tiger_6

The indicators only use what the data feed shows. I think most people are infinitely better with candlestick and chart analysis. The indicators will confirm these trends of the candlesticks, and charts.

The Ickmoku analysis combines moving averages, with resistance and support levels. It can be used with other indicators and candlestick analysis.

#133     Aug 9, 2008