Are there Equity Trading positions anywhere in Boston?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by patrickmichaels84, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Last August I was offered an Equity Trader position with an office in Boston who cleared through Assent. I was fresh out of college and didn't like the idea of training for three months without pay. Therefore, I decided to accept a Portfolio Accountant role.

To make a long story short, I hate my job with a passion and I can't get the idea of becoming an Equity Trader out of my head. I'm now OK with training for three months without pay, however, Equity Traders positions in Boston seem non-existent. I called Assent back and asked for a second chance, but they were running at fullc capacity.

Besides Assent, I found one firm named Chimera Capital who said they would conduct a phone interview with me sometime in April for their summer class, and Platinum Capital (located in New Hampshire) who wanted me to train for 6 months without a check and pay them $5,000 to boot.

Does anyone know of an Equity Trader position in Boston where I can work at a physical location and learn to be successful. I don't mind a three month training window, but I don't have the money to spend and I'm stuck in a lease until August.