Are there any YM Minidow Futures traders using Prophet.net?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ElectricSavant, May 21, 2004.

1. I am thinking of subscribing to their their 39.95/mo. Gold membership, to watch the YM with.

Any comments? Happy users? Support? Unhappy users?

Michael B.

2. Davo

Davo

Are there any YM Minidow Futures traders using Prophet.net?

I liked Prophet. I only used them for a short time so I can't be of much help. There customer phone support was very good. When I canceled they were very nice. If I was traveling and wanted access to charting from any web available computer, I would consider Prophet again.

Regards,
    Davo

3. I turned on the gold membership.

I just found out that Prophet.net decides FOR YOU, when the session starts.

They decided that it starts at 7:00AM cst. The YM trades 24 hr. and the open is at 19:15 cst-14:00cst Sunday-Friday with a daily break from 14:00cst-19:15cst and Saturdays off.

This is worthless to me, if I cannot figure out how to turn on the night-session.

Michael B.

4. taodr

taodr

Can't you use Quotetracker with your broker ?

5. I have Futuresource, but the reason I need to get chats is for the history.

If I could collect daa from platform, Medved woudn't save enough. Could I buy 1 years worth of "one minute data" and load it into Medved?

Michael B.

6. jbt

jbt

I use prophet feed and quotetracker. works excellent because if you rely on IB and the feed goes down you will lose data. With prophet you can backfill up to 10 days back.

7. Do you get 24hr.? If so how do I turn it on?

Michael B.

8. jbt

jbt

For sure. You have adjust your quotetracker settings. Email jerry medved for specific advice.

9. Do I need this Gold subscription for Prophet or can I use the free one with medved for the YM?

Michael B.

10. Davo

Davo

You may want to consider IQ Feed as a data feed with QuoteTracker. It's $20.00 a month plus exchange fees for real time intraday charting. I think CBOT MiniDow is free with IQ. If you want the entire CBOT exchange it's $35.00 for exchange fees.

With QuoteTracker, Historical data (daily charts) comes from other sources (Big Charts and Prophet). Right click on your ym intraday and choose Historical Chart, this will open up a chart from Prophet, no matter what data feed your using, it part of QT.

#10     May 22, 2004