Are there any True Wall street traders on this site

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Wall St is pretty short - are you willing to expand to Exchange Alley or Exchange Place? Or just Wall St?

#21     Dec 16, 2009
  2. l2tradr

l2tradr

Illiterate retail day traders....:D This is the funniest post I read in a long time :D :D

#22     Dec 16, 2009
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I don't know if it's just me, but making cold calls all day long to sell garbage stocks to elderly people is one of the last thing I would like to do in life. I did the cold call thing in a different inductry one time on a summer job and sweared I would never do it again.

I would seriously prefer being a manual worker than that...Am I weird?

#23     Dec 17, 2009
  4. i'd rather be a big trader at a prop shop than a wallstreet trader right now- not the same level of scrutiny yet.

#24     Dec 17, 2009
  5. sjfan

sjfan

Stupid statements like this are the crutch of the losers. Decent connection/friends at a top firm might get you an interview that you wouldn't otherwise have, but unless you actually know what you are doing - you won't get the job. This becomes more true as the pnl responsibility grows.

Now, if we are talking about getting an internship or as such, nothing beats being the son/daughter of an important client.

#25     Dec 17, 2009
  6. I am a Chop Shop trader.:D

#26     Dec 17, 2009
  7. Shagi

Shagi

why should it bother anyone if there are trues traders on this site?

you all know who you are - this place is great fun though:D

#27     Dec 17, 2009

8. some of the best traders I know on a personal level were/are badass poker players.

#28     Dec 17, 2009
  9. And trade desk assistant staff tying to decieve retail traders. (Those are the ones posting like they know)

#29     Dec 17, 2009
  10. ventus

ventus

was a trader on the rates prop desk at a bulge bracket ibank for two years and have been trading at a multi-billion hf for the past two years. the only reason why i visit this site is for entertainment.

#30     Dec 17, 2009